The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

Las Palmas really hitting some form now, hope luck is on our side in the play offs this year.

Managed to rest all our first eleven today as well.

How come you're a Las Palmas fan, mate?

Watching Barca celebrations at the Nou Camp live on Barca TV: pretty cool

I think they are pure cringe myself :lol:

It's the reason I never go to those.

Yup: it is cringy; but I like it lol

Guest firetotheworks

On a related note, I think Dani Alves is possibly the best Right Back I've ever seen, he's got Messi in front of him a lot of the time and he's pretty much a winger, but fucking hell he's a very, very good player like. I'd probably still have Cafu ahead, but I don't think Dani Alves is far behind at all and is probably better going forward.

Guest firetotheworks

He's absolutely class man. It's just easy to overlook it because there are better players around him and he's a bit of a tit, but he's brilliant going forward like. Not a great deal of all-time RBs to choose from mind.

Can't see past Zanetti at RB imo.

Cafu IMO, Alves is up there though more would openly say it if he wasn't such a c***. But he has no one but himself to blame for that.

:thup: Cafu and it's not even close for me. Dani for all he was, wasn't Cafu. Same goes for Zanetti. Love Lahm as well, obviously not as spectacular, but always been such a balanced player.

I'm gonna go and earn me a lot of s*** by saying that Zanetti - while a legendary player - is slightly overrated because of his preternatural career longevity. I think that people like Cafú, Alves or Lahm were better than him in their peaks.

Also, I promise I will try to shut up about us winning the CL, but en route to the final we beat the champion of England (City), the champion of France (PSG), the champion of Germany (Bayern), and the champion of Italy (Juventus). A beautiful run.