The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

Potential Sevilla-Napoli final is very exciting. Sevilla must be one of the most well-run clubs in the world in the last decade or so, same with Porto. The men behind the appointments and transfers of those clubs are utter geniuses.

Massive game coming up for Rodgers on Sunday. If no top 4 (Well there won't be barring a miracle) and no cup win...with Rafa and Klopp both available this summer....I think things may get twitchy for him. Not sure how to feel about it, I'm just pretty much on the fence. Let's see what happens in the next month.

Potential Sevilla-Napoli final is very exciting. Sevilla must be one of the most well-run clubs in the world in the last decade or so, same with Porto. The men behind the appointments and transfers of those clubs are utter geniuses.

Massive game coming up for Rodgers on Sunday. If no top 4 (Well there won't be barring a miracle) and no cup win...with Rafa and Klopp both available this summer....I think things may get twitchy for him. Not sure how to feel about it, I'm just pretty much on the fence. Let's see what happens in the next month.

Dare say Klopp would fancy a nibble at it.

If Liverpool finish 5th, I think that's about what their squad merits imho. Would be a bit unfair on Rodgers.

Massively so!  :lol:

They sold their best player and the replacement, Balotelli, hasn't done a thing.

Not to mention Sturridge was out so long, and is still inching his way back.

Guest Roger Kint

Aside from taking some massive blame for Balotelli and my extreme hatred of him as a human i dont think BR has done much wrong this season in terms of on the pitch

Surprise result that at Wolfsburg. I've only seen Napoli a few times this season but on each occasion they looked pretty poor. The last of which they where wasteful in the semi's against Lazio I think. They've also fallen behind in Serie A and are no closer to winning it than when Rafa first came. The squad isn't any better either imo.

I'm glad the EL has a CL spot now. I felt as if Sevilla basically gave up on the CL race to focus on winning the EL (perversely this  seems perverse) but most teams won't do that.

I felt as if Sevilla basically gave up on the CL race to focus on winning the EL (perversely this  seems perverse) but most teams won't do that.

Nonsense. Sevilla are very much in the CL race (currently 5th just 3 points off 4th and 4 off 3rd), they haven't given up anything.

I felt as if Sevilla basically gave up on the CL race to focus on winning the EL (perversely this  seems perverse) but most teams won't do that.

Nonsense. Sevilla are very much in the CL race, they haven't given up anything.

I meant last season. They where neck and neck until the last few weeks. IMO much like Real the SF/final took their focus.

Btw i have never typed nonsense on this board. If you have interpreted it as nonsense, you have misunderstood my post and need to re-read or reconsider your own opinion.

Fucking hell, creased.

Btw i have never typed nonsense on this board. If you have interpreted it as nonsense, you have misunderstood my post and need to re-read or reconsider your own opinion.

Apologies, nonsense was probably a too strong word. I'm a bit cranky today.

Last season Sevilla were never in the CL race, though. They had a terrible start to the season and didn't make ground until they appointed Emery. There was a point were it looked like they could contest it but they lost at San Mamés, which pretty much clinched 4th place for the Basques. Then they went on a bad run as they only had the EL to fight for.

I remember they won 7 or 8 in a row, culminating in that epic win over Real around the QF's of European competitions. I thought they where in the run at that point, after that it seemed to fall apart. That match against Real was one of my favourite of that year. Excellent winner from Rakitic & Bacca.

I vividly remember Sevilla resting some players for that game at the San Mames. They had the EL semi's that week I believe.

Never mind this of course being absolute bollocks of the highest order, but just imagine having this image of yourself man :lol: I'm sure even the good Ronaldo would admit to having made a nonsense post or two ffs.

Also

He's useless with his back to goal.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember they won 7 or 8 in a row, culminating in that epic win over Real around the QF's of European competitions. I thought they where in the run at that point, after that it seemed to fall apart. That match against Real was one of my favourite of that year. Excellent winner from Rakitic & Bacca.

I vividly remember Sevilla resting some players for that game at the San Mames. They had the EL semi's that week I believe.

Mate, it's 'were' not 'where'. I know you're erudite and everything, but you've been making that same mistake/typo for months.

Holy shit, I think I've just whitied with laughter for the first ever time.

They had an amazing run in the last third of the season, which is why I believe they didn't "switch off" for the EL; the deeper they went into the EL, the higher they climbed up the table. At the end, it went down to that San Mamés game, and they gave up after losing that. They rested Rakitic that day, I'll give you that, but they played with their other heavy hitters (Bacca, Iborra, Gameiro...).

Incidentally, this reminds me of how Guardiola once claimed - and I believe he does have a point - that the more competitions you're in, the more focused the players are as there's no chance to "switch off".

Nonsense. Cup runs lead to automatic relegation.