NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

2 hours ago, Izakaya said:

This is apparently next season's away shirt had we stayed with Castore instead of switching to Adidas. 

Pair that with gold shorts and it would have been up there with some of the all-timers in my opinion. 

Screenshot_20240531_155510_Instagram.jpg

Literally says 'unreleased 2023/24' in your pic :lol:

it's proper honking that :lol: some very questionable taste here

bit like this all-time stinker (imo obviously) that was well received

image.thumb.png.ac46e4f6f024859a0c159b2083db985d.png

I think most people will just wear whatever shit the club put out, to be honest. I find the amount of Wonga / Ashley era shirts still in circulation at the match absolutely baffling. but each to their own I suppose!

I actually liked that, but it suffered from the pattern sheet problem, where they make a sheet of pattern, then cut out from that sheet all the different sized tops, so you get shirts where the pattern isn’t located in the exact same place.

It does my fucking head in to be honest, especially when the promo pictures come out, and they have got ones where the pattern looks good, then you go to buy it and the pattern is under the arm pits, and behind the sponsor etc.

23 minutes ago, Big River said:

I think most people will just wear whatever shit the club put out, to be honest. I find the amount of Wonga / Ashley era shirts still in circulation at the match absolutely baffling. but each to their own I suppose!

The joy division unknown pleasures shirt.

9 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Because we are elite! :indi:

Would love for the kit in the next few years to reach the £100m mark

Adidas - £45m

Sela - £40m

Noon - £15m

Would put us in an unbelievable position. 

16 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Because we are elite! :indi:

I and someone else touched on it yesterday. Adidas would need to sell 562,000 shirts of ours to break even on a £40m per year contract. When we were owned by Ashley we were still selling nearly 500,000 shirts per year. That is without all the other stuff we did well, and the stuff that we missed out on selling because Ashley never put it on sale.

We now have ambitious owners, a team who are building well, and we are moving away from the tacky Wonga/Fun88 sponsors. It goes without saying that our merchandise is becoming more sought after, both here in Tyneside, the North East, and even internationally.

Not many clubs can say that.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

This story is doing the rounds on a lot of media sites, one to worry the knock off Nigels.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/england-fans-face-huge-fines-fake-three-lions-shirts-euro-2024/blt131a203ce125104b#cs38300b585d951bb8

Fake news, Footyheadlines even debunked it today. There are no rules to prevent people buying the shirts, and there is no reasonable and possibly lawful way you can check each shirt.

That is also besides the fact that fakes are getting harder and harder to spot.

Edited by Stifler

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Fake news, Footyheadlines even debunked it today. There are no rules to prevent people buying the shirts, and there is no reasonable and possibly lawful way you can check each shirt.

That is also besides the fact that fakes are getting harder and harder to spot.

Good spot, that would have been ridiculous 

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/7996874776417579702/

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We absolutely scammed Adidas, they are mad to pay 40m per year given where we are at present. :lol:

They’ll probably make £40m just on jackets man. 

Silverstone doesn't deserve any credit until he works out a solution for guaranteeing hundreds of billions fans access to less than 10,000 match day tickets. 

49 minutes ago, Big River said:

Probably one of my all time favorite away kits that, think its class :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I and someone else touched on it yesterday. Adidas would need to sell 562,000 shirts of ours to break even on a £40m per year contract. When we were owned by Ashley we were still selling nearly 500,000 shirts per year. That is without all the other stuff we did well, and the stuff that we missed out on selling because Ashley never put it on sale.

We now have ambitious owners, a team who are building well, and we are moving away from the tacky Wonga/Fun88 sponsors. It goes without saying that our merchandise is becoming more sought after, both here in Tyneside, the North East, and even internationally.

Not many clubs can say that.

Between me and the immediate family, you’re looking at somewhere near 20 shirts. Under Ashley it would have been lucky to make it to 5. If the adidas training gear is good there will be loads more. Shows the shift in mindset that’ll no doubt be prevalent across loads of the fan base.

They've also got access to a much more global market, and the logistics to back it up.

£40m might be close to break even in year one, but presumably they're hoping they can be raking it in by years four and five.

Isn’t it bigger than just merchandise sales though. They have adidas stamped on every shirt for advertising. They will have it behind every interview on the wall and plastered everywhere. I bet there is a big upswing of people who go on to buy adidas stuff instead of Nike or puma for other sports stuff just because of the association and having adidas in their mind. 

if advertising on football shirts work, they have bought into that too by being stamped on all shirts. 

27 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Isn’t it bigger than just merchandise sales though. They have adidas stamped on every shirt for advertising. They will have it behind every interview on the wall and plastered everywhere. I bet there is a big upswing of people who go on to buy adidas stuff instead of Nike or puma for other sports stuff just because of the association and having adidas in their mind. 

if advertising on football shirts work, they have bought into that too by being stamped on all shirts. 

Agreed. Not going to buy Nike, Puma or New Balance gear. Allegiance well and truly to the 3 Stripes and Trefoil.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Agreed. Not going to buy Nike, Puma or New Balance gear. Allegiance well and truly to the 3 Stripes and Trefoil.

Needed some new running kit and I’d always favoured Nike t-shirts and shorts. Just started buying Adidas replacements. I’m a marketing man’s dream me!