NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

Just now, TBG said:

Would the Premier League need to approve us changing our colours? 

It's the only thing that I can think of that would cause such a delay. 

Im about to go for a shit but Im waiting on the Premier League to approve.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep - it can’t be an ‘affiliated party’ transaction.  Brought in back in October, oddly enough …

Are you sure? Pretty sure it can be just has to be judged at fair value. 

We can have aramco or Saudi golf, it would just be subject to fair market value due to being affiliated. 

What I’m unsure of is if an unaffiliated sponsor comes in are they subject to same scrutiny ?

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yep, this is the case. If it's an affiliated company the Premier League will refer it to an independent panel who will judge if its deemed to be fair market value, or inflated. 

I would also mention, this is legally far too vague and will likely crumble at the first hint of a legal challenge. Whether that comes from us, or some other team down the line. 

Edited by sushimonster85

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah this is correct. Aramco and Saudia are both linked to the Saudi government, so would require sign off.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Also, please correct me folks but aren’t all sponsors worth more than a million subject to this rule? Related party or not?

Good question I’m not sure on this, will also be interesting how they treat Saudia if it’s them. Technically they’re not linked to PIF, but you can be assured they’d also be treat as affiliated I would imagine.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

As has been stated before I can’t see this related party stuff standing up in court. Leicester sponsored by King Power and City by Etihad. Can’t be one rule for them and one for us.

They'd argue that those deals were signed before these new rules came into affect. The real iffy area is determining what 'fair market value' really is.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

As has been stated before I can’t see this related party stuff standing up in court. Leicester sponsored by King Power and City by Etihad. Can’t be one rule for them and one for us.

It doesn’t at all. Complete restraint of trade of :lol:

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

They'd argue that those deals were signed before these new rules came into affect. The real iffy area is determining what 'fair market value' really is.

Then that is restraint of trade and anti-competitive. It's only a matter of time before someone takes this to the courts.

City is an affiliated partner to nearly every hotel in Dubai at this point. Sure there was an Athletic article a few weeks back about how they made a few phone calls and did minimal research to find that half of the city ‘partners’ didn’t even have offices. Or staff. Or actually do anything.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Then that is restraint of trade and anti-competitive. It's only a matter of time before someone takes this to the courts.

Exactly. You can't let others have these huge sponsorship deals, then change the rules so others can't and then say, "they signed those deals before we changed the rules"

[emoji38]

All these folk getting upset with Castore on twitter need to get a fucking life. I love hearing all the rumours etc, but for grown blokes to be getting this worked up over a strip is a bit ott.

Edited by Whitley mag

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

All these folk getting upset with Castore on twitter need to get a fucking life. I love hearing all the rumours etc, but for grown blokes to be getting this worked up over a strip is a bit ott.

Mackem! How the fuck can you not get worked up over it? Already pre-ordered mine, I'm probably a xl but went for a medium to show my drinking belly! Not sure on short and sock sizing though...

Edited by mofo

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

14 years of Ashley, “inject this shit, any shit” is the new mantra, and it’s fucking glorious. The anticipation, the excitement! I love it. 

all aboard the joyride, onwards and upwards :indi:

13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It's becoming more and more clear that football supporters are turning into football consumers. You'd expect the ones doing the selling to treat us that way, what I didn't expect is just how much supporters would start demanding to be treated that way. 

Edited by Kid Icarus