NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 minute ago, Reggae Magpie said:

Sorry, probably a stupid question but what do we mean when the kits are on template and not bespoke design? A new kit wouldn’t be the same as another team just in black and white? 

Pretty much that it would be the same as someone else’s, with colour changes.

3 minutes ago, Reggae Magpie said:

Sorry, probably a stupid question but what do we mean when the kits are on template and not bespoke design? A new kit wouldn’t be the same as another team just in black and white? 

The template is usually out a catalogue and used by many.  Bespoke is a one off design for that team. 

An example of the template. Look at the training kits most adidas teams have/had over the years. You’d find they’ll be the same just different colour.  

14 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

Going to say that I’d love this.

And I’m pretty sure it’s because I could wear that in Texas without people thinking I’m a football referee.

Even the toon stripes are bigger in Texas!

I hope they go simple and retro rather than contemporary and new. 

Basically re-releasing Juve 17-18 with our badge and Sela would sell insane amounts. Adidas should also seriously consider bringing back the Trefoil on football kits, it looks class and it's iconic.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I'm hopeful Adidas lean in more to the simple designs they've done of late. 

I do also wonder if the owners are tempted to try and strike a deal with Heineken for Brown Ale to be on the training kit. It feels like a license to print money.

1 hour ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

image.thumb.png.d51feeb67fa8bd4d5897e6dda762ff69.png

Would be happy with something like this. The sponsor across the middle will ruin it - but just simple black and white.

No. That's not Black and White stripes. That's White with  a Black band.

On a personal preference I'd rather any strip was slightly  heavier on the Black.

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

God, make it so.

image.png.7bbb348e44254528ae1ed0818dd7918d.png

First keeper jersey I ever got.

Went to get 'HISLOP' printed on the back. Fucking place was out of the letter P.

Older brother suggested getting his first name on there instead.

And here we are :lol:

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

So what do you think it's worth 60 million a year? 

Man utd was roughly 100 million a year. 

Arsenal is £60m. Spurs is £30m. Hopefully we’ll be inbetween I guess.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I hope they go simple and retro rather than contemporary and new. 

Basically re-releasing Juve 17-18 with our badge and Sela would sell insane amounts. Adidas should also seriously consider bringing back the Trefoil on football kits, it looks class and it's iconic.

Sounds a bit extravagant in these days where every logo/badge must be severely dumbed down. 

(Obviously I agree)

Sept 1st seems like an incredibly early announcement of a new deal. Usually current sponsors/manufacturers deals have to run out (or be very close to ending) before a new one is announced. 

I have a strange feeling we'll also be getting a new crest to go with the deal. 

Edited by Izakaya

Delighted adidas is coming back tbh, as someone said earlier, adidas and Newcastle just go so we'll together.... hope to God they follow suit what they've done for arsenal and man utd and re issue old jerseys/training gear from the 90s

What a fuck you to Castore to start promoting this new partnership almost a year in advance. 

I’m glad Adidas is back but mainly because of what it means commercially. Between the existing deal and the money left on the table with Castore not being able to produce shirts and not sending anything on the US tour it’s a joke. I look forward to the spring of 2026 when we see exactly how much additional income this brought in. [emoji38]

9 hours ago, NE27 said:

Had that hat, and that coat.

Was always bedecked in everything Newcastle as a youngin.

Please don't fuck this Adidas man, the potential is just too huge.

I had the padded burgundy one from the season before.  That may still the warmest coat I’ve ever had