NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 minute ago, Harry 209 said:

I think we can sell a lot of merch in the region but those other 'elite' teams have enormous global fanbases which we arent even close to, at present.

I’ve been all over the world when I was in the RAF and like the song goes, us Geordies do indeed get everywhere. You’d be surprised how much global reach we already have. 

Be staggered if we have a deal in the “hundreds of millions” over 5 years if we’re not one of their elite teams. Think they can see we’re on the rise as a club and wanted to tie down a long term relationship before other big brands came sniffing.

4 minutes ago, NSG said:

Be staggered if we have a deal in the “hundreds of millions” over 5 years if we’re not one of their elite teams. Think they can see we’re on the rise as a club and wanted to tie down a long term relationship before other big brands came sniffing.

60 odd million a season would be reasonable I reckon given what some other clubs get.

8 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

60 odd million a season would be reasonable I reckon given what some other clubs get.

Can’t see us getting the same as Arsenal and Chelsea? 

IMG_5076.jpeg

Edited by Manxst

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Depends how and who’s making the argument for us, top 4 last year and both Liverpool and Chelsea weren’t.

I guess. Which is why I asked the ‘elite’ question earlier. Would it go on past/recent success, or potentially perceived future growth. Even given my bias, I can see why Chelsea and Liverpool would possibly be offered more than us. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Maybe we just drive a hard bargain. It wouldn’t mean it wasn’t fair. Fair can’t mean ‘lower than any other comparable club’, surely. 

But people are saying we should/could be getting £60m, which isn’t far off Man City’s £65m deal. Don’t tell me the two clubs are currently equally ‘comparable’ on and off the pitch. I think some people are going to be disappointed in the deal. £40m I can see, or around that- 50 top end. 

I think £40m sounds about right for now but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s lower. That said, we can guarantee any funds they pay us will free up FFP funds to strengthen the first team, a good incentive to back us. 

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

If market value is fair, i know we won't be, but what if we matched Man Utd's deal. Can they and the other scummy 6 stop it somehow ? I 'm sure they'll try like.

PL can say they won’t sign it off, like Chelsea’s deal. That was related to the TV deal but I’m sure it would come under their ‘above £1m’ scrutiny for being fair and proper. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Can’t see us getting the same as Arsenal and Chelsea? 

IMG_5076.jpeg

What a horrible deal for Tottenham. Only £30m and through 2033? They finished top 4 in three years since signing that deal. Castore getting a bargain from us for £5m. I'm not sure why we didn't just buy them out.

Just now, rebelrouser said:

What a horrible deal for Tottenham. Only £30m and through 2033? They finished top 4 in three years since signing that deal. Castore getting a bargain from us for £5m. I'm not sure why we didn't just buy them out.

Presumably you can only do that if there’s a break clause in the contract and if both parties agree? Knowing Ashley, he’d never pay any money to do something like that so probably didn’t have anything included. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

PL can say they won’t sign it off, like Chelsea’s deal. That was related to the TV deal but I’m sure it would come under their ‘above £1m’ scrutiny for being fair and proper. 

Ah right :thup:

Just now, The Prophet said:

"Fair market value" won't apply will it? It's not a related party transaction.

Doesn’t matter does it, when the value is above £1m? Thought that was the value for any transaction? 

ahhh…just reading up…

“Additionally, clubs will now be required to submit details of commercial deals worth more than £1m to the Premier League, which will then consider whether it is an ‘associated party’ transaction. If so, the transaction will be subject to the FMV process.”

so it still goes to the PL but they then can’t do anything at all if it’s not a related party? 

29 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

If market value is fair, i know we won't be, but what if we matched Man Utd's deal. Can they and the other scummy 6 stop it somehow ? I 'm sure they'll try like.

Man Utd have just signed a £90m a season deal with Adidas. You would think Man City and Liverpool will be getting those figures soon. So £60m would still leave us behind.

I’m sure it’s been rumoured to be about £40m though, which would still mean we have left the rest of the Premier League clubs.

In regards to elsewhere, Benfica are with Adidas, and gain good sales in Portugal and Latin America, their deal is only supposed to be worth about £5m per season.

For what it’s worth, it will be massive news if we become an Adidas elite club. They only have 5 teams who are elite, not even Benfica, or Ajax are classed as elite. Being an elite club would mean that our shirts are sold in every single Adidas store in the world.

Edited by Stifler

Maybe negotiating an 'elite' status contract between ourselves and adidas helps us to justify the fair market value amount? Just spitballing here obviously but if adidas know they're about to make a bomb in sales and we need the income then maybe we've scratched backs enough to come to a mint deal for both parties?