NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

I think they look like pyjamas when the stripes are thin or a prisoner of war uniform. The 3 striped shirt sounds like the one we wore when Ba and Cisse played for us. 

Yep, there’s no doubt about it and no different opinion allowed I’’m afraid. This is clearly by a mile the best home shirt. Case closed. Shutdown the forum. 

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

Edited by Geordie Boyo

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I think they look like pyjamas when the stripes are thin or a prisoner of war uniform. The 3 striped shirt sounds like the one we wore when Ba and Cisse played for us. 

Yep, there’s no doubt about it and no different opinion allowed I’’m afraid. This is clearly by a mile the best home shirt. Case closed. Shutdown the forum. 

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

Agreed. Personally I also hate thin stripes and I much prefer the middle stripe to be white. This is key whether you have this thickness stripes or wider. I wouldn't go for wider stripes when it comes to Newcastle but this is also fantastic imo https://store.paokfc.gr/en/episimi-fanela-paok-aspromayri-rige-18-19-461-008600.html (would have been perfect if not for the fact the whole freaking back is black :(

So let's recap the key points that make the shirt above perfect:

• Right width/amount of stripes
  • Middle stripe is white
  • Stripes go all the way up, i.e. no black or white shoulders
  • Stripes on the sleeves. On top of that, the adidas stripes make the sleeves even better (works fantastically on the shorts as well. I think it's better than plain coloured shorts)
  • Goes without saying, stripes down the back. Box is ok, as long as at least SOME of the back is striped.

I don't know how much you can replicate that 96 shirt. FIrst of all that sponsor logo also made the shirt and the wide shirts of the time allowed for more horizontal space to fit 4 black stripes of decent width.

10 minutes ago, Gate4 said:

Agreed. Personally I also hate thin stripes and I much prefer the middle stripe to be white. This is key whether you have this thickness stripes or wider. I wouldn't go for wider stripes when it comes to Newcastle but this is also fantastic imo https://store.paokfc.gr/en/episimi-fanela-paok-aspromayri-rige-18-19-461-008600.html (would have been perfect if not for the fact the whole freaking back is black :(

So let's recap the key points that make the shirt above perfect:

• Right width/amount of stripes
  • Middle stripe is white
  • Stripes go all the way up, i.e. no black or white shoulders
  • Stripes on the sleeves. On top of that, the adidas stripes make the sleeves even better (works fantastically on the shorts as well. I think it's better than plain coloured shorts)
  • Goes without saying, stripes down the back. Box is ok, as long as at least SOME of the back is striped.

I don't know how much you can replicate that 96 shirt. FIrst of all that sponsor logo also made the shirt and the wide shirts of the time allowed for more horizontal space to fit 4 black stripes of decent width.

I agree with all above and this is actually quite a smart jersey. Would definitely be nice with our crest on. The point on the patches covering the shoulders or down the sides has always irritated me (which doesn’t take much). Just looks better watching the game when you see the stripes going over like that. 

IMG_2506.jpeg

Edited by Geordie Boyo

22 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Im seeing a lot of the Juve shirts on holiday and unpopular opinion alert…… it’s quite grown on me

(not that I’d want it for us, but maybe that style as a one off)

Ah right. Sounds like an immediate banning from all communication to me :) 

20 hours ago, Wilson said:

Bairns been patiently waiting for the blue away keeper, is there a reason it's not being released?  Shorts etc have been on sale for ages, just not that top.

Because Castore are absolutely shite and can’t handle the demand, I’m absolutely certain that’s how we have managed to end the contract early 

On 25/08/2023 at 15:17, sushimonster85 said:

The Asics blue paint brush away top doesn't get love it deserves. Maybe because it's too close timeline wise the legendary hooped away shirt, but I honestly rank it as our second best ever away shirt. 

It looked good but it was horrifically made, I think ASICS ended up offering refunds or replacements to everyone who bought it if my memory serves me right. I was but a nipper back then after all, but ended up with a replacement McEwans lager home shirt instead after it destroyed itself by clicks

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Because Castore are absolutely shite and can’t handle the demand, I’m absolutely certain that’s how we have managed to end the contract early 

Aye.... seems like they've just fucked it off and not bothering with it :lol:

It's lovely n'al imo. 

This is the 24/25 Argentina shirt that leaked a while ago. Knowing that adidas use templates, and that this has the three bold stripes that were mentioned in the Amazon doc, I think there is a very high chance this will be the NUFC design with black in place of blue. 

x Argentina 2024 Home Kit (1).jpg

6 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I just wished that kit makers would get away from templates and back to bespoke kits per team.

Kit's have always been from templates, really.  Some of the greatest kits ever were a template...Dutch 88 (also used by others, Soviet Union Home). Denmark 86 was the Aston Villa, Coventry kit in essence.

Even NUFC 85 Silver was Wolves Home the same year.

16 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Kit's have always been from templates, really.  Some of the greatest kits ever were a template...Dutch 88 (also used by others, Soviet Union Home). Denmark 86 was the Aston Villa, Coventry kit in essence.

Even NUFC 85 Silver was Wolves Home the same year.

To be fair I'm not far off 53, so I'm going way back, but as you say if those kits were also templates, i didn't know that.

I just want a kit made for us, it's own entity, and without sponsors (never going to happen i know in the modern game).

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

To be fair I'm not far off 53, so I'm going way back, but as you say if those kits were also templates, i didn't know that.

I just want a kit made for us, it's own entity, and without sponsors (never going to happen i know in the modern game).

It is actually possible to have an unobtrusive sponsor, as proved by Rangers in 2012-13:

Screenshot_20230828_202639_Samsung Internet.jpg