NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Mmyeah don't love that Fender thing, like. Weird mash-up of a local celeb and a global brand. Ultimately they've just turned a building into a billboard which seems unnecessary unless you're a local independent business trading during the Victorian era.

I don't hate murals mind. How would folks feel about some NUFC ones around the town a la Leeds? I think the Bielsa one is brilliant; certainly the artwork itself anyway. 

Shutterstock_10776425b.jpg

If we were to win something I think it would potentially be pretty cool if done very well and ideally didn't have sponsors. For eg their Phillips one near the water has the SBOBET thing on his shirt (not in full but still visible).

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Mmyeah don't love that Fender thing, like. Weird mash-up of a local celeb and a global brand. Ultimately they've just turned a building into a billboard which seems unnecessary unless you're a local independent business trading during the Victorian era.

I don't hate murals mind. How would folks feel about some NUFC ones around the town a la Leeds? I think the Bielsa one is brilliant; certainly the artwork itself anyway. 

If we were to win something I think it would potentially be pretty cool if done very well and ideally didn't have sponsors. For eg their Phillips one near the water has the SBOBET thing on his shirt (not in full but still visible).

I think the location has to be right and ultimately that means being supported by the people who live there. Not those who pass through the area even if daily.

the Leeds ones are not universally liked, burley bankys who does a lot of the FTTC and elec boxes isn’t popular with everyone. That seemed to also open up the artwork to everyone. What if you don’t like football, ok my mural is of the pussy cat dolls and so on. That caused a lot of murals and witty or inspirational slogans to go up wherever anyone wanted in leeds and caused a big backlash. 

all great fun, until someone does a mural you don’t like next to your house. 

not sure where I’m going. I suppose my point is, they can look fantastic, but need support of local people who actually live on that street/location. Can be a bit Pandora’s box. 

1 minute ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I think the location has to be right and ultimately that means being supported by the people who live there. Not those who pass through the area even if daily.

the Leeds ones are not universally liked, burley bankys who does a lot of the FTTC and elec boxes isn’t popular with everyone. That seemed to also open up the artwork to everyone. What if you don’t like football, ok my mural is of the pussy cat dolls and so on. That caused a lot of murals and witty or inspirational slogans to go up wherever anyone wanted in leeds and caused a big backlash. 

all great fun, until someone does a mural you don’t like next to your house. 

not sure where I’m going. I suppose my point is, they can look fantastic, but need support of local people who actually live on that street/location. Can be a bit Pandora’s box. 

:thup: Aye it's not a straightforward debate like, as you say. If anything the Leeds ones just seem a bit too abundant (what is there, 17?)

Kinda why I'm a bit "really?" at that Fender/Adidas one. Particularly seeing as it's ultimately commercially motivated; seems a bit unjustified. At least that Bielsa one is exclusively about celebrating someone who's positively impacted a community.

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

For me, a Eddie Howe and the lads mural would be good even now, no need to wait for us to win something.

38 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Any reason we didn't wear the new cup font on the kits last night?

I was thinking this, my mild amount of undiagnosed autism was going off. I’m hopeful of lack of available numbers/letters due to wanting to sell them in the club shop.

2 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

The villa women’s game on Sunday sounds like it will be worth a watch. 

Calling this out for the shite that it is. Times have moved on - a reason they may be reluctant to play is because comments like these remain acceptable “jokes” or because of concern of being perved on while doing their jobs. Please don’t do it and remember that there are multiple female posters on the forum.

7 hours ago, Theregulars said:

Calling this out for the shite that it is. Times have moved on - a reason they may be reluctant to play is because comments like these remain acceptable “jokes” or because of concern of being perved on while doing their jobs. Please don’t do it and remember that there are multiple female posters on the forum.

I’m just disappointed it only effects the shirts not the shorts otherwise the men’s game would also have been worth a watch on Saturday.