NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

8 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

not keen on the home shirt, but the away and third kit are really nice. Genuinely disappointed I’ve seen that and won’t be able to buy this, anyone speak Chinese and can get DHgate on it?!

IMG_0979.jpeg

Would crawl over broken glass in the nuddy for the away and third kits. Less enamoured  on the home one.

Great watch that video, talking with Steve Watson and Lee Clark, and enjoy watching these kit videos Buglass has done.

Agree with comments above. Home one is ok, but few little things I'd change (no white name panel, stripes on back down to the hem, no need for lower white panel too).

But the away and third kits. The away kits, I'd have the white stripes fully down the sleeve, not just on the shoulder though, but that was the only quibble with that one.

But that 3rd kit with the trefoil and the tape down the sleeve is just :fwap:

Love the idea of using the different crests on the differetn shirts too.

As nice as this was, and I'd love Adidas to take some ideas from it, I suspect the new kits will be all but designed already. But would love to see some NUFC/Adidas leisurewear with the trefoil on though. 

Edited by TK-421

55 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Would crawl over broken glass in the nuddy for the away and third kits. Less enamoured  on the home one.

Home is a write-off

Away needs thicker hoops and the trefoil

Lose the gradient on the third

I'd actively encourage the trefoil down the sleeves Bukta-style on next season's home shirt.

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

Thank you, missed the last sale - got one this time. 

Couldn't decide if I wanted a player name, do the official store allow you to bring a kit in and have it personalised if it wasn't bought from them? Gonna try to get up for a home game soon, ideally the Milan game if I'm lucky in the ballot 

yeah, you can take them in for personalisation.

Enjoyed The Kit Breakdown's vid; it's a really good channel and I tend to agree with Craig on just about everything; stuff like too many shirts being released and too much stuff that's just a copy of something prior. Will admit I fast-forwarded through a good chunk of him getting his hair cut, like. :lol: Nice to hear from Watson and Clarky but really it was just multiple versions of the same conversation. Nice to see wor @Heron n'all. 

Spoilers re designs in case anyone wants to watch it first. 

Spoiler

It kinda surprised me that he went for the red and blue hoops on the away kit given his views about copies, but I suppose he was led by the research. And it's just a glorious, glorious kit so it's difficult not to be lured by its beauty, even if you're anti-copying, like I am. Weaving aspects of the city and Wor Flags into the hoops was a brilliant call. Bringing the NUF-C badge back feels like an open goal for Adidas too cos: A, it's retro and therefore desirable; and B, it's minimalist so suits graphic designers' agenda to dumb-down any and all iconography. 

I really liked the concept of blending the 80s away kits together - the yellow and green combined with the pinstripes of the silver one - but I didn't love the gradient effect. Trefoil down the sleeve tape a la Bukta was an inspired choice but, again, absolutely pie in the sky when you consider the minimalist approach to badges and logos now. 

Home one was areet; don't mind a central badge. Gold's fine but can very much live without the Wonga blue. Back was shit though. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231027_115214_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f95249d9f32d2fb67acb9af606a3f075.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231027_115257_YouTube.thumb.jpg.01cca77b3e8d2e028835c3a5c4de8e32.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231027_115323_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fc87ff249f5db11bb1e2c8bd4e06720e.jpg

Its a shame the Premier League dictates what font has to be used on the back of the kits, as the one on the away shirt looks lovely.

Not a fan of that home shirt though, the blue looks a bit shit, and I don't like the fact the stripes stop halfway down. I'm also not a fan of things being aligned centrally.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Even the aways? Agree that the home is a bit poxy.

aye, dreadful. it's like someone has got a copy of Photoshop for christmas and dumped every idea they've ever had onto 3 shirts. when it comes to shirt designs, less is definitely more, imo.

13 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

not keen on the home shirt, but the away and third kit are really nice. Genuinely disappointed I’ve seen that and won’t be able to buy this, anyone speak Chinese and can get DHgate on it?!

IMG_0979.jpeg

That yellow one is absolutely fantastic. I thought the other two not so much, the home one was a massive swing and a miss. I'd love to know what software he's using there like, designing football kits is exactly the sort of thing I'd waste hours doing if I could

Edited by Kid Icarus

Wonder if there is a chance our cup font next season could be the retro adidas one from 95-97? Would be class! 

Don’t care for any of his designs in the video but enjoy any bit of creative content on NUFC. 

I like that channel and the presenter, but his designs for the ultimate shirt are awful. The home one evokes memories of Shola in the Championship. A centrally placed badge is always going to be divisive and the rest just looks like templately adidas stuff. The away one is an inferior thowback and the third, whilst it has nice individual elements, is too busy. That badge is synonymous with mediocrity. 

I do approve of bringing back the NUFC  badge on the away though - adidas use an alternative badge for this year's Man United 3rd shirt so its a possibility that could happen for us.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Wonder if there is a chance our cup font next season could be the retro adidas one from 95-97? Would be class! 

Don’t care for any of his designs in the video but enjoy any bit of creative content on NUFC. 

UEFA rules dont allow for any brand placement on the numbers so sadly that wont be possible. Would have been brilliant tho.

Just now, Harry 209 said:

UEFA rules dont allow for any brand placement on the numbers so sadly that wont be possible. Would have been brilliant tho.

Ah ok then at least just the exact font without the markings?

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Re: our home kit in the CL, I love the white box on the back for some odd reason and prefer it on this seasons kit. 

looks great with white shorts. probably the main reason we lost on Wednesday, tbh.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Re: our home kit in the CL, I love the white box on the back for some odd reason and prefer it on this seasons kit. 

I've always been staunchly against a blank back but I think I feel the same about this as well. I think the patch here it actually lends itself to more traditional red numbered shirts, at least one back in the 70s/80s sticks in my mind watching old clips, where the red number was against a small white patch. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Enjoyed The Kit Breakdown's vid; it's a really good channel and I tend to agree with Craig on just about everything; stuff like too many shirts being released and too much stuff that's just a copy of something prior. Will admit I fast-forwarded through a good chunk of him getting his hair cut, like. :lol: Nice to hear from Watson and Clarky but really it was just multiple versions of the same conversation. Nice to see wor @Heron n'all. 

Spoilers re designs in case anyone wants to watch it first. 

Hide contents

It kinda surprised me that he went for the red and blue hoops on the away kit given his views about copies, but I suppose he was led by the research. And it's just a glorious, glorious kit so it's difficult not to be lured by its beauty, even if you're anti-copying, like I am. Weaving aspects of the city and Wor Flags into the hoops was a brilliant call. Bringing the NUF-C badge back feels like an open goal for Adidas too cos: A, it's retro and therefore desirable; and B, it's minimalist so suits graphic designers' agenda to dumb-down any and all iconography. 

I really liked the concept of blending the 80s away kits together - the yellow and green combined with the pinstripes of the silver one - but I didn't love the gradient effect. Trefoil down the sleeve tape a la Bukta was an inspired choice but, again, absolutely pie in the sky when you consider the minimalist approach to badges and logos now. 

Home one was areet; don't mind a central badge. Gold's fine but can very much live without the Wonga blue. Back was shit though. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231027_115214_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f95249d9f32d2fb67acb9af606a3f075.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231027_115257_YouTube.thumb.jpg.01cca77b3e8d2e028835c3a5c4de8e32.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231027_115323_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fc87ff249f5db11bb1e2c8bd4e06720e.jpg

Is there a link to this article or video mate?

On 25/10/2023 at 16:17, Charlies said:

Always enjoy these videos so this should be good 

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Is there a link to this article or video mate?

Your segment from 46 mins.