NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

19 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The sooner they bin Castore off the better. Ordered Xmas presents (couple of kids training tops) for my nephew middle of November from the club site, nothing sent out yet. They’re fucking hopeless.

Castore have just secured £145m in investment which now values their company at £1bn

Was scratching my head when I saw the news given they've been utter dogshit for NUFC for a multitude of reasons

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Ho hum. It'll look good but it's pure nostalgia bait. Did you like the best away kit the world has ever known, well good news - here's a worse version of it! £70 please.

I’m all for nostalgia but not on the first release.

imo -

24/25 kit - basic but delightful standard nufc shit. Minimal fanciness

25/26 kit - zany as fuck monstrosity

26/27 kit - nostalgia

Off subject a bit so sorry, but just seen a post on Reddit where a user was comparing two different 93/95 home shirts querying which was genuine.

Only difference they noted was the size on one said 'L' and the other 'L 42-44"', and the other was that one had a foam Asics badge and the other an embroidered patch.

A fair few have said the one with an embroidered ASICS logo is a poor remake. I've got one I bought in 2006 and it is embroidered and now I'm wondering.

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Off subject a bit so sorry, but just seen a post on Reddit where a user was comparing two different 93/95 home shirts querying which was genuine.

Only difference they noted was the size on one said 'L' and the other 'L 42-44"', and the other was that one had a foam Asics badge and the other an embroidered patch.

A fair few have said the one with an embroidered ASICS logo is a poor remake. I've got one I bought in 2006 and it is embroidered and now I'm wondering.

I have a legit one in front of me. Size just says M. All logos are foam iron on things. 

Just now, SEMTEX said:

I have a legit one in front of me. Size just says M. All logos are foam iron on things. 

Could've swore mine was legit and surprised there were even good fakes about then but here we are.

Crest is foam and blue star is felt but ASICS badge is a sewn on version.

Learn something new everyday.

Just now, NE27 said:

Could've swore mine was legit and surprised there were even good fakes about then but here we are.

I suppose it isn’t impossible that over the two years they were sold they could have changed production. Or sold different versions in different places. 

But seems more likely it’s a snide if recentlyish bought. 

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Doesn't mean it's 100% 'fake' (whatever that even means these days)

Fake remakes of retro kits is a very new thing so if you bought it in 2006 I'd say you're good. 

6 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

I suppose it isn’t impossible that over the two years they were sold they could have changed production. Or sold different versions in different places. 

But seems more likely it’s a snide if recentlyish bought. 

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1993-95-newcastle-home-shirt-610-xl-newh93426bc.html

Looks identical to this one, although not sure how legit that one is tbf [emoji38]

Not too fussed either way as I got it because it reminded me of childhood and mine as bairn was long gone/clicked to death and badgeless.

Edited by NE27

9 minutes ago, NE27 said:

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1993-95-newcastle-home-shirt-610-xl-newh93426bc.html

Looks identical to this one, although not sure how legit that one is tbf [emoji38]

Not too fussed either way as I got it because it reminded me of childhood and mine as bairn was long gone/clicked to death and badgeless.

If CFS are selling it then it'll be legit. 

50 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Both could be legit but both are easy to copy, the fit will be more of a giveaway and the fact you got it years ago. 

Asics were all over the place and did an embroidered logo and a velvety foam one. My 93-94 blue star one I had at the time was embroidered, so is the one I have now that I'm confident is legit.

In 94-95 you could get the blue star one and the McEwan's Lager one, I think both had foam Asics logos, or at least the McEwan's one definitely did because I had it. Weirdly the green 3rd kit I had was embroidered.

Here's Andy Cole in what I think is an embroidered one, but it's hard to tell with old images.

Screenshot_20231211_232011_Google.thumb.jpg.1f8f07d932d6bc5894a85ab374e35984.jpg

Edited by Kid Icarus

22 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

If CFS are selling it then it'll be legit. 

This is 100% true. I've queried one shirt and the response was one of the best and most informative emails I've ever received