AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Guest alijmitchell

The only way to get Ashley out is to damage his brand. The way to do that is to present an empty stadium to the tv cameras. Three or four home games without any fans and he is gone.

Presenting an empty stadium would be amazing - a coordinated 'stay at home', it might not get him to give it up, but it would raise eyebrows. The other part of this is that people want to still have the day out, drink and football, so again, looking at campaigns/ideas that might fill the gap. Can a campaign be started on those days to see your local team (blyth, gateshead, shields etc.) bringing in local teams to it? On televised games at home, can the group think big enough to organise viewings elsewhere instead of going to the game?

anyone thinking SP was a waste of time, embarrassing, a failure or whatever else is a clueless cunt

in less than 4 months the club has appointed a sack of shit to replace him and our form is so bad it's challenging his own dismal efforts...the spell is broken, people are pissed off and looking to go after ashley now which would never have happened while that crying-faced prick was still there

waste of time? piss off :lol:

Have a massive piss up outside and have a banner with 'mediocrity celebration' nothing else and have a few Ashley chants with everyone outside the ground.

A "Survival Party" would be class. :lol:

Can you imagine where we'd be if everybody who tried something throughout history was told it wouldn't work and just gave up?  Some of our fans are totally defeatist and know nothing different, they're pathetic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32202895

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace will only sell the club if a deal can be done early in the summer - otherwise any talks will put on hold for at least another year.

Groups from China and the USA are believed to be interested in buying the club, with Peace asking for £150m.

You literally can't sell a club like ours tho, no one would buy it!!1

Aye but West Brom are in London, we're not.

I've got an idea on how we can sort out this fickle bullshit: Why don't we f***ing ask the posters on here who supports other clubs whether they think the SackPardew.com made us look fickle or not. I'm pretty sure Neil (an Everton fan) has already said he thought it was a good campaign. Can we have the opinions of brummie (Aston Villa), LEFE (Spurs), Village Idiot (Barcelona), Stray Mackem, hithere (Sunderland), 1878(Everton), George Constanza and wacko (both Liverpool) please?

Well "did it make you look fickle?" and "was it a good campaign?" are not mutually exclusive questions :lol:. The answer might be yes to both, and as somebody pointed out, who really gives a fuck if some other fans think you're fickle? You've got far more pressing concerns.

It's going to be hard for us to answer that question as we're on this board so much, and so our perception is clouded. Harder still for me, as I'm no longer surrounded by Spurs fans so I can't gauge opinion first-hand. Here's a couple of quotes from the Spurs board I use, though:

I do wonder what's gone wrong though, on paper their squad is more than capable, it can only be Pardew but i'm having real trouble believing that someone who previously had them scaling the table rapidly is now suddenly a tactical spastic.

He had Demba Ba, Cabaye, Enrique, and an in form Ben Arfa to help him scale the table.

and another in January:

I feel sorry for Newcastle fans. I can just see Ashley appointing Carver: cheap, already in place, won't complain about transfer funds and won't rock the boat.

followed by:

Maybe feeling sorry is going a bit far but if I supported a club where the ambition appears to be to sit in mid table then I would question the point in going every week. I accept that noone is forcing them to SJP every week at gunpoint but football is emotive.

Ultimately, fans with brains get it.

Every club has fickle fans, doesn't mean they're not right from time to time (like a stopped clock). I do think that there are a sizeable number of football fans who are engaged in their club but don't really take that much interest in the details of others. These are the guys who are happy to go along with cliches like "fickle Newcastle United fans" because they don't really care enough whether it's true or not, it just provides a handy stick with which to beat you. I don't think anyone who really thought about it could have argued with SackPardew.com, but quite a lot of fans in general (including Newcastle fans) just don't think about such issues all that much.

The key point about SackPardew.com is that it wasn't simply a campaign aimed at getting out a s*** manager. It was, of course, but it was also a campaign that felt it had to draw some of your own fans' attention to his failings, as well as a campaign that was only needed due to (seemingly deliberately) incompetent upper management. The only reason it might have made you look fickle because there really did seem to be a large number of your fans who were happy with Pardew. If they don't exist, then SackPardew is just a group of fans trying to get rid of a failing manager who seemed to be immune from the sack. Nowt fickle about that.

Guest alijmitchell

Can you imagine where we'd be if everybody who tried something throughout history was told it wouldn't work and just gave up?  Some of our fans are totally defeatist and know nothing different, they're pathetic.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe some of the shit I've read in here like. Having said that, it's made me want to get more involved. So cheers Mako!

Guest firetotheworks

I'll say it again because it seems to have been missed, if people have actual viable plans for how to get rid of Ashley, then lets hear them. You can claim all you want that my lack of ideas is somehow support of Ashley, or somehow means I can't criticise people who are trying to 'do something', both things are patently false. But if all you have is this idea we must follow the SackPardew strategy of informing the press about stuff they already know, turning the fans against a man they already hate, and generally cranking up the NUFC circus to 11, then I'll keep telling you that you have no viable strategy.

Actually, you're dead wrong. That's exactly why people can criticise you. You're criticising people - fans - who are actively trying to get the thing that you claim to want, when your own amazing idea is to sit on your arse and whinge.

No viable strategy or not. YOU have no viable strategy, so quite why you're getting pissed off that people are trying to do something - aside from the growing possibility that you're just desperately craving attention - is beyond me and everyone else. You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It's time to shut it all down imo. Gonna message @ashleyoutdotcom and tell them some spineless rando off the internet says there's nee point and we'd all be better off just shutting our mouths and getting on with things, otherwise Hull fans might think less of us.

Rip ashleyout.com

Guest firetotheworks

Boycott Spurs doing the rounds on Twitter lets hope it can pick up some momentum!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/16/article-2630674-1DD658E000000578-267_634x418.jpg

"Today's official attendance is 49,592"

I can't believe some of the s*** I've read in here like. Having said that, it's made me want to get more involved. So cheers Mako!

Bishop will be fuming at that waste of £50!

Some of the fans (the vast majority I would suggest) simply want to go and watch a game of football and have a few beers every other week. That's the main problem for any campaign, what % of the game going fans even bother with online stuff (forums etc.) 15-20% at most I would reckon.

Guest firetotheworks

Some of the fans (the vast majority I would suggest) simply want to go and watch a game of football and have a few beers every other week. That's the main problem for any campaign, what % of the game going fans even bother with online stuff (forums etc.) 15-20% at most I would reckon.

I dunno about those percentages, but I agree with the sentiment. It's a ritual for a lot of people. Go for a pint, watch hateful football, go home. The convenience of getting to SJP from town makes it too easy for people to think 'fuck it, I may as well'

I can't imagine anyone enjoying it anymore.

Guest alijmitchell

I think there are a significant number of people who are just drones, but as a group either got to work around them or find a way to bring them in. It'll be a long game, and there will still be those who cling on, without even considering, but at the end of the day, we have to disrupt, and in innovative ways.

Had that argument with someone recently whose attitude was to stick with the status quo because "it could be worse" whereas I was arguing "but it could be better" and if we don't try we will never know. Then the old Portsmouth and Leeds comparisons come up even though they are totally different situations - and those clubs still exist.  So frustrating.

Only thing that would make him sell the club is either A) people scaring the shit out of him. B). Someone putting a stupidly high bid in. Or C) if his shops suddenly crash and burn. - Though it would probably help if the team played infront of a empty stadium alà what some of the supporters in Italia have done. But I can never see this happening, sadly.

I've got an idea on how we can sort out this fickle bullshit: Why don't we f***ing ask the posters on here who supports other clubs whether they think the SackPardew.com made us look fickle or not. I'm pretty sure Neil (an Everton fan) has already said he thought it was a good campaign. Can we have the opinions of brummie (Aston Villa), LEFE (Spurs), Village Idiot (Barcelona), Stray Mackem, hithere (Sunderland), 1878(Everton), George Constanza and wacko (both Liverpool) please?

I don't think it was fickle because Pardew was/is a crap manager. Probably a bit of a waste targeting the manager rather than Ashley though, since his stewardship of the club is the real problem.

Anyone who thinks a football club needs 50k fans every game and huge numbers of season ticket renewals to survive these days are kidding themselves imo. 20,000 people could stay away every game next season and it would hardly make a difference to him. What is £10m a season compared to all the tv money and free advertising for his business?

As long as Sports Direct continue making huge profits he will continue to suck the life out of us. Otherwise he would be taking money out of the club to repay the loan.

On a side note, the hashtag geordie jihad is an absolute embarrassment