AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Guest Brendan_Rice

Who lied about the attendance?

Apparently the figures released were tickets sold including season ticket holders, not the amount of people through the turn stiles

Wouldn't be surprised if it was as low as 30,075, but I think that 35/36k is more likely. A magnificent attempt, though.

The big question is where do AshleyOut go from here? I bet a lot of yesterday's boycotters were happy to do it as a one-off, but twice? Then again, some who did go probably had their eyes opened. It could really go in either direction.

Doubt another boycott would work personally especially with those who have paid for their tickets.  People would miss one game but unless your completely fed up - like me - but they wouldn't sack off all of the remaining games.  Just my thoughts anyway. 

I think the seeds have been well sown in terms of fans staying away. Plenty will return for the next match but there will be more and more turning their backs as a result of the dross we see on the pitch anyway.

I'm hoping that the media backing the move along with yesterday's performance making people question why they turned up in the first place having walked out before the final whistle might make a similar attempt more impactful.

Probably not, but it could go either way, those doing it as a one off may want to go back or they might have felt part of something bigger and want to do more. No amount of online polls will tell us the truth, only the actual time of the next action.

I hope this is just the start of a strong campaign against Ashley that will build greater momentum as it goes along and not just phase out into ambivalent acceptance again.

Guest TruToon94

What do fans fucking need to give up support at this point? 

Things can't get worse. Even teams who get relegated have somebody at the club who try to win. Not a single person beyond Jamaat and Perez want to win in the entire club seemingly. Players, staff, board, no desire to make the changes necessary to win.

Guest chopey

When I cancelled mine last year I took ages because I was waiting till the summer to see if anything would change, when I finally did cancel it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

From Swiss Ramble's Report on NUFC

"The former Newcastle board got many things wrong, but it is difficult to argue with the strategy expressed in their last annual report, which was “to secure the club’s position among the top teams in England and compete in Europe on a regular basis. Success on the pitch brings financial reward in terms of enhanced gate receipts and increased broadcasting and other revenues.”

The big question is whether Mike Ashley is the man to deliver this virtuous cycle?"

I think AshleyOut.com have to suggest that the boycott should continue if the fans wish  to do so. They should do something again for the final game of the season too.

Boycott of the new kits should also be publicised imho

Releasing an alternative kit or scarf might be an idea, like the Man Utd yellow/green ones.

Ashley's flying monkey men might not let you in the stadium if you have an alternate club shirt on.

Releasing an alternative kit or scarf might be an idea, like the Man Utd yellow/green ones.

Would have to stay same colour, changing the colour takes away the point about the club being ours not Ashleys. In my opinion of course.

The yellow and green scarves were because Newton Heath originally played in those colours, like the away strip man Utd wore early 90's.

Our original strip was the burgundy and blue striped one we wore as an away strip in 1995/96 so Blue and Burgundy scarves is an idea.

Man United however jumped on the bandwagon and began selling those scarves in their club shop which defeated the object.

The yellow and green scarves were because Newton Heath originally played in those colours, like the away strip man Utd wore early 90's.

Our original strip was the burgundy and blue striped one we wore as an away strip in 1995/96 so Blue and Burgundy scarves is an idea.

Man United however jumped on the bandwagon and began selling those scarves in their club shop which defeated the object.

According to this http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United.htm it was red and white so you can jog on with that idea ;)

At these times I wish we had some Ultras  that would have some connections with the police service They could barricade the stadium from fans trying to enter.

I love how under-achieving owners in Italy often have to answer to these Ultras. The negative aspects - obviously - not so much.

'I wish we had the Mafia to fix all our club's problems, but only if they do it nicely :)'