AshleyOut.com

TK-421

I'd like to see money raised to pay for billboards around prominent places around town for our message on. The logo with a simple quote below it would do. Not sure how much these things cost and how long they last for though.

http://cdn2.denofgeek.us/sites/denofgeekus/files/they-live-we-sleep.jpg

http://annyas.com/htdocs/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/they-live-06.jpg

7350565830_0a11654737_z.jpg

What are the odds of the Chronic getting banned for their coverage of this? I've read 2 or 3 articles about this now. An Ashley favourite, gag the media, batten down the hatches, remain silent. I can almost see him sat with his fingers in his ears, eyes tightly shut,  repeating over and over "can't hear you, can't hear you" while penfold strokes his head.

Re: "Summer Spending"

There's a very basic perception that spending money equates to ambition, and it makes everything okay. Yeah, money spent on players bought at the chief scout's whims (and I have enough goodwill towards Carr), with little input from the manager, with no formation or style of play in mind for them to fit into and with no regard to the acquisitions' relation to the attributes of their new teammates.

It's not the money, it's the improvisation, expediency, make-it-up-as-you-go mentality and incompetence of the administration. Nobody with any professional dignity would appoint Carver, effectively rendering the club managerless for the final 4 months of the season. Really, his predecessor, chancer-in-chief Alan Pardew, was the perfect face for this club in this state.

One of the few hints of a bright idea to emanate from the club recently was the intimation that we might need a Director of Football; somebody to give even a pretence of planning, seriousness and professionalism to the outfit. Naturally faced with the prospect of consistent sporting demands even vaguely threatening to detract from the institution's purpose - Ashley's personal gain - this deteriorated into the farce of the job being given to one of the (decrepit, quasi-senile and barely literate) boys.

I'd accept us spending less money than we already do, provided we made sure we knew what we were doing beforehand.

I'd like to see money raised to pay for billboards around prominent places around town for our message on. The logo with a simple quote below it would do. Not sure how much these things cost and how long they last for though.

Worth a try, and a full page ad in The Chronicle etc. I guess they're already making these kinds of plans.

The ones opposite the gallowgate would be ideal

They are booked out months and months in advance.

The difficulty with this campaign anyway will be sustaining it over the summer. The organisers are going to have to be clever about what they target and how to keep a bit of momentum.

Re: "Summer Spending"

There's a very basic perception that spending money equates to ambition, and it makes everything okay. Yeah, money spent on players bought at the chief scout's whims (and I have enough goodwill towards Carr), with little input from the manager, with no formation or style of play in mind for them to fit into and with no regard to the acquisitions' relation to the attributes of their new teammates.

It's not the money, it's the improvisation, expediency, make-it-up-as-you-go mentality and incompetence of the administration. Nobody with any professional dignity would appoint Carver, effectively rendering the club managerless for the final 4 months of the season. Really, his predecessor, chancer-in-chief Alan Pardew, was the perfect face for this club in this state.

One of the few hints of a bright idea to emanate from the club recently was the intimation that we might need a Director of Football; somebody to give even a pretence of planning, seriousness and professionalism to the outfit. Naturally faced with the prospect of consistent sporting demands even vaguely threatening to detract from the institution's purpose - Ashley's personal gain - this deteriorated into the farce of the job being given to one of the (decrepit, quasi-senile and barely literate) boys.

I'd accept us spending less money than we already do, provided we made sure we knew what we were doing beforehand.

Top post :thup:

I do wonder just how far we're off an AFC Newcastle springing up. Not that I'd endorse anything like that.

I never get these club, you stand by your team, Fair enough if people can't go to matches or buy the stuff anymore, but you watch them in the pub, on TV, watch MOTD. You still hope for wins and decent displays, and whats more you hope that things change, football is all about hope, hope that one day your day will come. You can't just go elsewhere, I get supporting other local teams alongside your main club, many of us do it. I can't get forming a new club though, there are countless local teams out there that can do with more 'Other club beside my main club' fans. Locally to me I have Whitley Bay, North Shields, Gateshead, Blyth, the list goes on, all of them who would be happy to have a few more fans through their door. Most people who support these clubs support Newcastle or another bigger club in anyway, the staff and the players do. They won't mind it, in fact it should be encouraged, one of the reasons why I think Premiership teams and league teams should have a separate KO time to non-league games.

Part of the argument is that they're not going elsewhere - that they've actually stayed in the same "place" but the club they supported has moved away from them, and from what they think football should be. From one point of view, they're actually standing by their team more than if they all went to watch, say, Salford City. I admire them greatly for making the break while Man U were still good, although I'm not sure what I'd do in the same situation. Leyton Orient were always my second team (although a good few people seem to be quite happy to kill them off).

I'm not sure how you can say you never get these clubs though. AFC Wimbledon?

Just read this, I think its time for AShley to come out and speak to the fans, he wont like some articles will come out from ex players saying "wait until the summer", then Charnley might release a statement to the chronicle so no one can actually question him in an interview, carver will be wheeled out every 5 minutes telling fans to stick by the team.

This is it for Ashley i think, he has been give a good few years by the fans and he has changed at all.

NUFC is a football club not a business you can manage remotely.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Seen the following comment:

If St James was to be turned into a massive advertising board for JD sports or the like now that would hurt him. Advertise his competitors! - See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/04/tuesday-latest-ashley-out-campaign-official-statement/#sthash.oZGnQRvq.dpuf

How funny would that be to get a section of the crowd to hold up bits of card that advertised JD Sport.

Like this:

http://www.footballculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/fcspartaktrnava-spandoek.jpg