Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur - 19/04/15 - post-match reaction from pg35

BlueStar

Carver is clueless. Asked what he saw in that game to try and change things he starts talking about using players experience, going with a second striker and admits some of them are not good enough. At least he realised some of the players are not good enough with a non performance from Gouffran again. When Ameobi and Obertan are your game changes that says everything!

In all honesty some of the players with experience have let us down - Coloccini at Everton and Sissoko at Liverpool. The bench with the likes of Armstrong, Woodman, Sterry, Kemen, Satka and Robert's in recent games are not going to change things and he said in previous games he didn't want to stall their development.

A poor game and disappointing that some fans are outside protesting and then still go to the game. I'm fine with people still going because that's their decision, however to complain about the situation and still go doesn't make sense. We are a club in trouble.

I've got a feeling the ones he think aren't good enough include Abeid rather than, say, Ryan Taylor.

Carver blaming the players now saying they are probably not good enough.

Needs 2 strikers on the pitch from now on 'cos you win games by scoring goals'

Funny how Spurs never once had more than 1 striker on the pitch

Guest antz1uk

link not working, what was it?

Talks about how Carragher ripped into him after the game.

full chronicle site isn't working for me, anyone else?

Carver blaming the players now saying they are probably not good enough.

Needs 2 strikers on the pitch from now on 'cos you win games by scoring goals'

Funny how Spurs never once had more than 1 striker on the pitch

Carver is just following on from where Pardew left off. No idea how to attack the box in numbers in support of the striker. Just lump it up there and hope Perez can beat 4 defenders by himself.

...and as for subbing Abeid off for Obertan what an absolute load of rubbish.

Abeid was holding our midfield together, ridiculous substitution.

Should have been Raylor off or Raylor moved to left back and Anita off.

Stupid playing with 3 wingers attempting to run down the line and cross high balls to a non existant target man.

tentative start

great start to second half

conceded a poor goal

team keeps having a go but they're not good enough

Carver's job to find a way of playing

Wants to play with 2 strikers from now on

Never really threatened in the second half with 2 strikers

Tried to get attacking players on the pitch, went 3-4-3

Huge kick in the teeth to concede the second

Enough experience in dressing room to deal with situation

players and staff need to sort out situation

Carver's interview

What 2 Strikers??

We weren't even playing with 1 striker as the only decent one with have is suspended for spitting and the other non scoring one was on the bench and not used.

Ayoze, Cabella and Armstrong are all attacking midfielders as far as I'm concerned, none are strikers.

I stayed away today and couldn't get my pissing stream working until the 21st minute but I'm reading the mackems had the plane fly over on the 17th minute. Is this true?

IF it is, this plane idea is backfiring on them more than I ever thought it could. This will show these horrible cunts up for what they really are. Utter scumbags!

I stayed away today and couldn't get my pissing stream working until the 21st minute but I'm reading the mackems had the plane fly over on the 17th minute. Is this true?

IF it is, this plane idea is backfiring on them more than I ever thought it could. This will show these horrible cunts up for what they really are. Utter scumbags!

16th minute. Stayed until about 30 minutes in.