Newcastle United vs West Bromwich Albion - 09/05/15 @ 3pm (Not on TV)

Stifler

No, you said it was only this forum that would ever think of playing him left back, despite him playing there many times before.

There's a place for players like Anita but it's not at this NUFC. To use him, you have to be looking to dominate possession and recycle the ball quickly through midfield with short passes.

As Newcastle fans, we like to think we know best and that players who've not done it here are the problem. Plenty were delighted to see the back of Santon and MYM too. Inter are finishing the season very strongly whilst Roma look good for second place. Perhaps our unique brand of telling the players to get out there and work hard and get fifteen stitches because "the fans love that" isn't the best way of judging actual footballers.

He's not good enough to play for one of the teams who dominate possession in any of the top leagues though. Probably better off going back to Holland if he needs to play for a club that'll be on top most games. Let's face it none of the big Spanish, German, French or English clubs are going to be coming in for him any time soon.

It was the same for Ben Arfa, the best player we've had on our books in almost a decade.

I'm unsure on Anita as I've never really had the opportunity to see him in a system he'll thrive in, but I distinctly remember being impressed by him during his early performances and disappointed that he was often overlooked. There was enough there to suggest a team looking to play the ball through and across their midfield would be happy to have him.

Guest chicken little

anita played full-back for ajax, it's true, though it should be borne in mind that this was when martin jol was in charge and they were fucking garbage, and he was only put there because of an injury to urby emanuelson.

The players we have fit into easily definable categories...

Too weak, small, skinny, foreign/gay/hair obsession, bad engine: Cabella. Anita, Perez, Bigi..

Thick/English/Crap/cheap/Club development sqaud: Taylor, Raylor, Sailor, Willo, Collback, Elliot, Dummet, Amandagobi...etc

Permacrocks who might turn a profit: Cisse, One Lung, Haidara, Aarons, Ferrera, Santon, etc...

Proper stepping stone: Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Janmaat.

Cunts who have been crap for ages we can't shift: Guti, Collo, Tiote.

anita played full-back for ajax, it's true, though it should be borne in mind that this was when martin jol was in charge and they were f***ing garbage, and he was only put there because of an injury to urby emanuelson.

Add to that the standard of the Dutch league is garbage. I've seen quite a bit of it on Sky Sports this season and frankly it's awful. One of their better teams got knocked out of Europe by a Scottish team ffs. Ajax, PSV, and Feyenoord could probably field a goalkeeper at left back and still win more often than not because in a lot if games I've seen their opponents literally get 2 or 3 meaningful attacks.

How do you pick a team for this game. The options for defence are shocking. One thing we know Carver refuses to play any kids, because we need experience in situations like this (because that worked great the last 8 games).

I think he will go:

Krul

Anita  Raylor Colo Jonas

Cabella Colback Sissoko Gouffran

DeJong

Perez

The defence is going to get murdered, we aren't going to be able to defend any set pieces our only hope is that Cablla and Sissoko have one of their good games and Perez and Dejong take every chance that falls to them.

Guest Gino14

If the players are really scared of a bit of atmosphere, then that just confirms them as the most spineless team of players we've ever had.  What is a bit of shouting going to do? No one is anywhere near them.  They need to get their heads sorted and keep their concentration.  Half the time, they're either half asleep and waiting for the ball to land on them, or they just switch off and don't mark anyone.  We look like a team that's been dosed with sleeping pills at the moment.

If the players are really scared of a bit of atmosphere, then that just confirms them as the most spineless team of players we've ever had.  What is a bit of shouting going to do? No one is anywhere near them.  They need to get their heads sorted and keep their concentration.  Half the time, they're either half asleep and waiting for the ball to land on them, or they just switch off and don't mark anyone.  We look like a team that's been dosed with sleeping pills at the moment.

The worst that happens is a bit of groaning when Williamson launches the ball 70 yards up the pitch to an opponent or Krul slices another clearance into the stand then some half hearted boing at half and full time.

If that terrifies them then seriously they are in the wrong profession.

Benfica are partly to blame for our sorry state of affairs, IMO.

Damn, Europa League.

We lost two finals in a row. f*** that s***. I don't want to be in Europa League no more. It was worth for you guys though, since you got to know me.

Benfica are partly to blame for our sorry state of affairs, IMO.

Damn, Europa League.

We lost two finals in a row. f*** that s***. I don't want to be in Europa League no more. It was worth for you guys though, since you got to know me.

As far as NO is concerned, it is absolutely the best thing about Europa League.

In some ways the injuries might make this look a better balanced side than it would with a full strength squad. Ryan Taylor will have to drop back into defence, and providing Carver recalls Abeid and not Gouffran, we might even have something resembling a midfield. The worry will be the centre of defence obviously, but that has been abysmal even at full strength.

Guest reefatoon

Taking Williamson out of the equation automatically makes us better defensively, whether you replace him or not. It's no coincidence we didn't let in any more goals once he was sent off.

Scared? Fucking tragic that.

Taking Williamson out of the equation automatically makes us better defensively, whether you replace him or not. It's no coincidence we didn't let in any more goals once he was sent off.

This is barely an exaggeration. Scary.

In that case, this please!

Sissoko  Abeid

De Jong

Cabella                  Perez                   

Cissé