Inquest

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Lee Charnley needs to go for sure - I am guessing it was his call to give Carver the job.

Ashley did seem to put the blame on those who were making the football decisions in that interview. I don't really see where else the blame can be placed for us not hiring a manager, other than Ashley himself of course.

It won't be Carver.

If it is, I'm crossing to the other side.

He'll keep Charnley though.

:lol: You're an absolute tit.  Bored of being civil with you.  Ashley's wet dream.

One more chance, one more chance, let's wait until this summer.  You're an idiot, Cronky.  You should know better at your very old age.

I've said for weeks the club deserves to go down but the fans don't.  That doesn't include you.  You deserved it to go wrong for us today.  Worst "fan" on here.

Cronky brings out the Vlad the Impaler in genuinely nice people. Tempted to invoke Godwin's Law here.

He's a fucking arsehole.  Even the usual suspects piped down months ago and he's still banging the drum.  Complete and utter tit, man.

I know money spent isnt equal to success or anything like that but if the club honestly think the 34 million in the bank is enough to solve this squads problems they have another thing coming, it was already small in size and the 3-4 out of contract players dont deserve even a 12 month extension so lighter still. The plight we find ourselves in is needing at least 6-8 players and 5-6 of them being first team quality. These need to happen soon to have a chance to bed in and a new manager brought in to have a say on Carr's shopping list. Even if they dont get final say a style of play is needed in order to take the club forward even if it takes another window or 2 to fully assemble the team required.

Bare in mind that was at the end of the last financial years with a mystery 26 million unaccounted for

:thup:  34 million in the bank last year, spent fuck all, saved on some wages, should be comfortably north of £60m now, probably higher.

Guest pont-toon

Basically need a new MD, a new manager/head coach thingy, GK, LB, RB, 2 x CB, LM, RM, 2 x CM and 2 strikers - not much work to do there then  :cheesy:

Steve Stone obviously not flavour of the month either.

He was sitting three seats away from Carver today.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-carragher-praises-jonas-gutierrezs-9322041

(pic 38/56)

Steve Stone isn't in photo 38 (probably in technical areas as it was Stone out there shouting stuff all game not Carver) and he is sat next him in photo 40.

All the players out with about 5 exceptions. Lee Charnley and all the coaching staff fired with immediate effect and physically beaten.

That's about it!

In that podcast Caulkin said we were a team of midgets and said there seemed to be no plan for purchasing the types of players that were actually needed for a given way that the team is supposed to play. There's some truth in there too.

We've focused on buying young (which is fine) and we tend to have a small squad so we need coaches who can get younger players to kick on and make themselves useful for the first team as well as a manager who is willing to give them meaningful game time. The "buy young and sell on" policy falls down if you neglect the only investments you're making.