FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

16 minutes ago, Flip said:

Doubt people won’t feel hype when England reaches the semi-finals once again. 

England will not reach the Semi-Finals. Greater chance of Sweden, Russia, Italy and Norway playing in the semis than England.

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

Probably true, but England have been playing poorly so I don’t think there’s high expectations. The time of year really doesn’t help, everyone is in work and it’s pissing down and cold.

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

No, I don’t think they will this time.  Whole thing is tainted.  Of course those who care will want England to win, but most of my mates (including the ones who do) are at best indifferent this time.

16 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Nobody watching the opening ceremony? Live on iplayer atm

I’m not watching it despite being awake. Won’t give SBS viewing figures for it.  Bollocks to them.  I’ll watch the England games when they’re on at a convenient time but I’m fucked if I’m watching owt else.  I’ll normally watch c.80% of WC matches. 

34 minutes ago, Flip said:

Is that the sentiment in the UK? Because certainly isn’t in Latin America. I do think fact it’s in November/December destroys the ”visible hype” as it’s winter time and dark for most of the day. In Denmark the hype is real, but probably has to do with the team being ridiculously good.

I live in Denmark and it is certainly not my perception that there is any hype at all around this world cup. A recent poll shoved that more than 25% of Danes boycuts the tournament and wont be following it on tv.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Is this coverage absolutely shit?

I think it's pretty decent to be honest, in that it's highlighting all the issues that have surrounded this World Cup. 

From a purely Football stand point, it's been shite admittedly, but I don't think they'd have been able to "Just talke about the football" without it feeling weird.

Just now, 54 said:

I think it's pretty decent to be honest, in that it's highlighting all the issues that have surrounded this World Cup. 

From a purely Football stand point, it's been shite admittedly, but I don't think they'd have been able to "Just talke about the football" without it feeling weird.

100%

It's shite that it's taking place here but now that it is this is the only way to do it tbh, you have to keep talking about these things even if it affects the watchability. 

Got a horrible feeling this World Cup is going to be an utter shitfest. The scandals that have surrounded the whole thing from the second they won the bidding war is going to overshadow the actual football itself. The whole thing just feels way off to me, I'll still watch the games but it doesn't feel genuine at all, I just hope the games themselves aren't really dull and cagey but I think the temperatures, water breaks and extra subs will mean the games are slow and a bit turgid. It hasn't kicked off yet but I can't wait for it all to finish :lol:

7 minutes ago, midds said:

Got a horrible feeling this World Cup is going to be an utter shitfest. The scandals that have surrounded the whole thing from the second they won the bidding war is going to overshadow the actual football itself. The whole thing just feels way off to me, I'll still watch the games but it doesn't feel genuine at all, I just hope the games themselves aren't really dull and cagey but I think the temperatures, water breaks and extra subs will mean the games are slow and a bit turgid. It hasn't kicked off yet but I can't wait for it all to finish :lol:

One of the reasons it wouldn't surprise me if England won it under the tory shite ( I don't really think they will) but i won't be watching it,Highlights on ssn in the morning will do same as south Africa  and russia 

Edited by astraguy

9 minutes ago, midds said:

Looking forward to some 10am and 1pm kick offs after I've dropped the kids at school meself like

Plenty turgid premier league games on TV so won't be owt new if the games are shite

31 minutes ago, mosstef said:

I live in Denmark and it is certainly not my perception that there is any hype at all around this world cup. A recent poll shoved that more than 25% of Danes boycuts the tournament and wont be following it on tv.

Most pubs/bars around central Copenhagen are marketing that they’ll be showing the games and loads of billboards with betting companies promoting the WC. Then again, probably not representative for the population :lol: But major newspaper having it about the WC, and tons of colleagues talking about how they genuinely feel they can win it. Obviously it’s nothing compared to the Euro’s where there were fan zones and it wasn’t 0 degrees and windy as fuck :lol: