FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

I kinda get the associate nation thing - doesn't do the naff-cricketing nations much good being battered at a World Cup by Australia/India. In terms of future barriers to entry for those nations, I'm not sure. If there' s the appetite and the ability to compete, then I think there should be a mechanism to open the doors to new nations.

England, India and Australia have all done their utmost to keep cricket as a shitty minority colonial sport.

This is total nonsense as is your assertion about the English running the game - and also, in cricket, there is TV examination of disputed calls, something which your corrupt heroes in FIFA have done everything to try to avoid - have you been reading the Grauniad guide to Political Correctness..!?

:lol: For a start, cricket only allows 10 countries to play the full version of the sport, possibly one of the most ridiculous restrictions in any sport anywhere in the world. Then for the World Cup, a tournament by its very nature should least make an attempt to be inclusive and give the game to a greater audience, they've pulled the drawbridge up for associate nations meaning there'll probably not be any of them at the next competition. Last year the big 3 countries literally changed the voting system within the ICC to give themselves more power than everybody else, and made sure to secure that 62% of all revenue will go directly to those 3 countries. Cricket is a sport that revels in its colonial past and the fact that its a sport played by only a handful of countries. And that's why it'll always remain a joke compared to football which has expanded and grown continually since its beginnings.

Video refereeing in football would be absolutely dreadful. Evidence: rugby being f***ing unwatchable, stop-start bollocks.

I thought answering this post but then I realized it would be a waste of my time...you are clearly beyond help and should apply for a job with the Iranian propaganda Ministry.

Nice one pal.

I don't think it affects rugby too badly at all.  Adds to it if anything.  That's not to say it would be the same for football.

I only watched one full match at the World Cup; the opener against Fiji. The amount of time spent looking at replays - and 50% of which they still didn't come to conclusive evidence - was mental. To the point where it put me off watching the rest of the tournament it was that bad.

This is a sport that has natural breaks in play all the time and it still seemed excessively counterproductive to the flow of the game. Doing it in football, a sport that has no stoppages and very few breaks in play, would absolutely ruin the sport in my opinion.

I don't think it affects rugby too badly at all.  Adds to it if anything.  That's not to say it would be the same for football.

It doesn't effect rugby too much because Rugby is already a stop start sport.

http://replygif.net/i/674.gif

Bar the goal-line system I'd be truly loathe to introduce anymore technology in to football like bar more retrospective punishment but even then nearly everything it'd be used for would still be the same subjective matter as what people would want to see used in video evidence in the future.

I'm sort of up for it now tbh, fucking fed up with bad decisions and the tedium that follows after the game. Trial it in a few preseason tournaments, see what happens.

I would be up for it - but only for super quantifiable cut and dry things - like offside technology. It would annoy me even more if an in-game review system was introduced and decisions were still incorrect.

Retrospective bans/lifting of bans based on N-O forum consensus would be alreet too.

As has been mentioned numerous times, there are already a ton of stoppages in a regular "90 minute" football game that a few replays of the most divisive incidents (which may not even occur in every single game being played) will hardly turn the game into test cricket.

I don't think the video replays would work because a lot of the time in football the decisions are a matter of opinion. If you have a TMO or video ref up in the stands looking at replays they're going to side with the referee unless its an obvious mistake

I don't reckon that there would be many issues with it tbh, give teams 3 reviews per game, allow the fourth officials have access to a TV and it'd only take about a minute to find out if something was called incorrectly.