Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Why? Why would anyone actually be excited about this?

Because he's not Carver or McClaren.

He could genuinely be worse than both of them. There is no evidence he offers anything.

Worse than Carver?  :lol:

That's the risk you take and personally speaking I'd rather we take some risks than appoint either of the two aforementioned.

Guest firetotheworks

It makes no sense to get excited about this like, sorry. He has zero top level experience and is purely being seen as a good thing because he was a great player and it's more glamourous than Carver. That's it, we know nothing about him, nor do they, nor does anyone and that should be met with negativity.

Why? Why would anyone actually be excited about this?

Because he's not Carver or McClaren.

He could genuinely be worse than both of them. There is no evidence he offers anything.

Worse than Carver?  :lol:

That's the risk you take and personally speaking I'd rather we take some risks than appoint either of the two aforementioned.

That's not a reason to be excited by this though.  Be excited if we approach Garde or any actual genuine manager.  Not someone who has never managed before.

It makes no sense to get excited about this like, sorry. He has zero top level experience and is purely being seen as a good thing because he was a great player and it's more glamourous than Carver. That's it, we know nothing about him, nor do they, nor does anyone and that should be met with negativity.

So If they appoint him would you get behind him?

There is a bit of evidence, he's intelligent, highly experienced and a real competitor.

It's doesn't mean he'll be a good manager, but it gives him a chance.

He isn't highly experienced.  He literally has no experience in management beyond youth level.

There is a bit of evidence, he's intelligent, highly experienced and a real competitor.

It's doesn't mean he'll be a good manager, but it gives him a chance.

He isn't highly experienced.  He literally has no experience in management beyond youth level.

Aye I know, I obviously meant in football.

People saying he's never done anything. Neither had keegan. Got to start somewhere

You could say that about anybody though, it's the same with "you don't sack the manager, just look at what happened with Fergie."

The whole appointment just seems weird to me (if it happens).

Nah. Given the realistic alternatives (that Charnley and Ashley might actually appoint) of Brucey and McLaren, an unknown quantity breeds some amount of excitement. He's unproven, and based on that he'll probably fail at a PL club. But the fact we don't know what he'll bring, and that he's done some ok things with the Man City youth and his establishment of Diembars, as well as his invoolvement at Tromsø IL in Norway and such makes me quite excited.

Obviously would rather have the likes of Garde and Jemez, but Vieira instead of McLaren? Yes. Every day.

Still offering the most important job at the club to people because:

1) They're cheap

2) They'll accept players coming and going without their say

3) They'll work with the idiots we gave 8 year contracts to

4) We won't have to pay compensation

His name is irrelevant. That's the basis we hire on, it hasn't changed since Keegan left.

Cheer up you moody lot ffs :lol: I doubt anyone's excited that we're about to and win the league or something, it's exciting because it's Patrick Vieira! Would make next season at the very least interesting.