Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

It wasn't a total disaster at Swansea.

it looked like it could be headed that way though, so they binned him. said it before, he hasnt lasted 5 mins pretty much anywhere he's been in the last few years, why anyone would think he'd last any longer here i dont know.

Heart says 'yes', head says 'no, but I'll give him a chance'. Going to let my heart win this one like, would absolutely love it if we hired him. Think he'd look cool as fuck in a suit on the touch line as well.

It wasn't a total disaster at Swansea.

It wasn't, because Swansea sacked him ASAP and replaced him with unproven Garry Monk.

Pure unadulterated speculation. They sacked him with 14 games to go after a poor run of form and Gary Monk finished the season in the exact same position they were in when he left. It's also worth noting that Monk had been at Swansea for a decade, they hardly plucked the cunt from thin air.

Lovejoy I wouldn't really be bothered if it was a long term thing or not, he's still a far more exciting choice to me that many of the other options available.

I think the main problem with Laudrup was that, by all accounts, he gave no fucks and there was no real order at Swansea by the time he left. That scenario here is basically where we've been for the past 6 months, it'd be carnage.

I'd have him here in a heartbeat if the other option is McClaren or Carver. There's some element of excitement in giving him or someone like Paul Clement the job.

Well, as a lurking City fan I can say that we are not that happy with the idea of PV leaving us... We see him as a potential replacement for any current manager we got.

What is he like as a coach/manager?

Ashley never going to pay for a manager at his peak so it leaves either taking a gamble on potential or someone at the tail end of their career. So this would be at interesting appointment.

Well, as a lurking City fan I can say that we are not that happy with the idea of PV leaving us... We see him as a potential replacement for any current manager we got.

What is he like as a coach/manager?

Respected.. absolutely respected.

Dedicated to improvng players and boosting them.

Vieira was a brilliant player but is unproven as a manager so I don't want him.  If the club are to show some ambition they need to bring in a young proven manager who is ambitious himself and has something of a track record.  I don't include McClaren who failed at Derby and was happy to stay with them in the Championship.

Keegan was unproven, Guardiola was unproven, but both brilliant players.  We have had so called experienced managers in the past and bar Bobby Robson I wouldn't say any of them have been a success.  Personally I would be happy with the appointment - the man commands respect and I can see people wanting to play for him.

Guest neesy111

If Manchester City truly see him as being their future manager then there's absolutely no chance he'll be joining us, man :lol:

This x 1000. :lol:

Guest palnese

If Manchester City truly see him as being their future manager then there's absolutely no chance he'll be joining us, man :lol:

Why not? It's a great experience for him and if he's any good, well, it's not like money is a problem for City.

Why would City want to send a promising manager out to another club only to bring him back a couple of years later? He'd be better off learning the ropes in house where, in a club like that, you'd imagine the clubs ethos trickles down to all levels.

He goes somewhere else for a few year and you may as well just hire another manager.

Keegan was unproven, Guardiola was unproven, but both brilliant players.  We have had so called experienced managers in the past and bar Bobby Robson I wouldn't say any of them have been a success.  Personally I would be happy with the appointment - the man commands respect and I can see people wanting to play for him.

Honestly, you can name unproven managers who turned out OK and I can name a lot more that didn't work out.  I don't think we need to go for an unproven manager and I don't think we should.

Not much different to sending a player out on loan to gain experience