Charlie Austin

HawK

Austin or a weird little gender bender looking ex Man Utd freak who insists on calling himself "little pea".  Yeah think I'd prefer Austin :lol:

Or even better neither of them, instead go for someone with loads of pace, something we don't have much of.

Berahino for me like.

If we're quibbling over £15m for Austin, there's no f***ing way we'd pay the £20m+ that WBA want.

4 years younger. Far more fit. Far more versatile. He's worth it IMO

I can't believe he hasn't signed yet. I mean, Amy said it was a done deal last week! :(

Amy also said she'd get her kit off in Zoo if Bas Dost didn't sign. I wonder if she's going to flash the gash to cars on the coast road if Austin doesn't come.

Yeah, they'll be in a far better position once they've sold their best forward.

The guy wants to leave man. Sooner they sell the sooner they can replace him. If he gets stuck there don't think it will benefit them personally.

From their viewpoint, if they think he can get them promotion, they should keep him and let him walk for free next summer. Promotion will be worth what 50M?, four times what they'll get by selling him.

From our time in the Championship, the biggest difference looked to be in the quality of strikers. You can make defensive mistakes and not get punished. See also the number that Nolan and Shola scored. You'd expect Austin to get 25 plus if he plays 40+ games.

If Spurs have ended up with no cover for Kane this late in the window, I can see him going there though.