Charlie Austin

HawK

Can't see us getting him. He'll probably be snatched up by Southampton or something and we'll say "we tried". Then people will believe us because all of our media partners reported that we "tried".

I'm starting to get unsure of this one. Don't think it'll happen. Anyone half decent we go in for will want a better standard of football, a team which some semblance of stability and competitive wages. None of which we can honestly say we'll provide.

I'm starting to get unsure of this one. Don't think it'll happen. Anyone half decent we go in for will want a better standard of football, a team which some semblance of stability and competitive wages. None of which we can honestly say we'll provide.

Isn't our wage bill pretty significant? even compared to teams like Swansea and Southampton?

Or miss out on everyone. That's the problem when you won't pay more than 12m for any player.

We are trying to save pennies again and it will end up costing us... Again.

Pelle and Austin up top? I don't see it personally. I don't think there are that many options out there for either Austin or Berahino. I reckon if this isn't sorted in the next week though it's probably dead. 

Isn't our wage bill pretty significant? even compared to teams like Swansea and Southampton?

Yes, when looking at the numbers from Swiss Ramble blog, Newcastle has the highest wage-bill outside of the top 6.

West Ham    Villa        Stoke    Swansea    Palace    Soton    Everton    Newcastle  Sunderland 
63,9m 69,3m 60,6m 63,2m 45,8m 63,0m 69,3m 78,3m 69,5

I am no accountant, but did it not look pretty suspicious that we had the highest wage bill considering how small our squad is and how crap most of our players are? I know there may be some hang over from the old days, the likes of Jonas and Colo being on big money and I reckon we probably got the likes of Sissoko/Cabaye/Remy/Debuchy to come in on big money as well but outside of that who is getting that £78.3 million? When the reporting came through didn't our operating costs go up hugely as well out of no where in a time where player trading was at a minimum?

Either way, I'm sure losing the likes of HBA, MYM, Jonas and Santon will have cleared quite a bit of that expenditure.

Weren't ever actually going to sign a highly rated English striker like Austin were we. Always going to be bigger and better destinations a available for him. To be honest wouldn't be surprised if it was press revenge for the shut out.