Charlie Austin

HawK

From what I've seen of him he seems far more well rounded than people are giving him credit for. He's strong, has a decent dribble, can play with back to goal and is a good PL goal scorer. Also has that bit of drive and desire from someone who's worked himself up through the league system to get to where he is.

Holding the ball up should be less of a requirement now the hoof merchants have gone.

Arsenal, S'hampton, Chelsea & Bayern all play with target men. It doesn't mean you hoof it.

Dan Gleebals never said they didn't.

Exactly...I swear TCD just says things for the sake of saying them to try and sound clever  :lol:

Well, fingers crossed with this one. Would be a canny start to the summer to get shot of Carver and Stone, get a full new backroom staff in and then sign a player like Charlie Austin. Like I said though, it's only a start...

From what I've seen of him he seems far more well rounded than people are giving him credit for. He's strong, has a decent dribble, can play with back to goal and is a good PL goal scorer. Also has that bit of drive and desire from someone who's worked himself up through the league system to get to where he is.

Cheers, that makes a bit more sense as to why McClaren would be keen.

Cheers, that makes a bit more sense as to why McClaren would be keen.

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :lol: i know some people seem to think he's literally only a poacher and I just don't know how they see that. He's looked a threat every single time I've put myself through watching a totally shit QPR match.

This guy with Siem De Jong playing off him, and there will be goals for sure.

Just need to sign Rapinoe to provide balls into them, and we're having an absolute barrel of laughs out here maaaaaaan!!!!

Also didn't realize he was at Burnley and probably never had the chance to have a partnership with Ings. That would have been fun to see IMO.

I'm really quite suprised that Ings is the more lauded of the two tbh.

Also didn't realize he was at Burnley and probably never had the chance to have a partnership with Ings. That would have been fun to see IMO.

I'm really quite suprised that Ings is the more lauded of the two tbh.

:thup: I thought Austin looked a lot better than Ings last season.