Charlie Austin

HawK

From what I've seen of him he seems far more well rounded than people are giving him credit for. He's strong, has a decent dribble, can play with back to goal and is a good PL goal scorer. Also has that bit of drive and desire from someone who's worked himself up through the league system to get to where he is.

Cheers, that makes a bit more sense as to why McClaren would be keen.

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :lol: i know some people seem to think he's literally only a poacher and I just don't know how they see that. He's looked a threat every single time I've put myself through watching a totally shit QPR match.

Actually didn't see much Premier League last season apart from us and a few of the big teams so I was mainly going on his final championship season where I would have seen him as a poacher

From what I've seen of him he seems far more well rounded than people are giving him credit for. He's strong, has a decent dribble, can play with back to goal and is a good PL goal scorer. Also has that bit of drive and desire from someone who's worked himself up through the league system to get to where he is.

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :lol: i know some people seem to think he's literally only a poacher and I just don't know how they see that. He's looked a threat every single time I've put myself through watching a totally shit QPR match.

No I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering what would be the point in getting another poacher seeing as people criticise Cisse for being one. Not that I agree with that either,  I think Cisse isn't that bad at playing others in. The most important factor for any striker has to be goals, you want one who's a good all round footballer ideally.

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :lol: i know some people seem to think he's literally only a poacher and I just don't know how they see that. He's looked a threat every single time I've put myself through watching a totally s*** QPR match.

No I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering what would be the point in getting another poacher seeing as people criticise Cisse for being one. Not that I agree with that either,  I think Cisse isn't that bad at playing others in. The most important factor for any striker has to be goals, you want one who's a good all round footballer ideally.

Yeah the thing with Cisse is that he was a completely different player when he arrived to what we saw on the final day of the season (apart from the injuries and such). When he signed he was very involved all over and playing quickly simple lay offs and moving up the pitch. He looks a man with 1/2 a functioning leg and often injured or unfit.

Think Austin's personal drive and story is what I like most about him besides the excellent season, of course.

Me too. I'm just really suprised that Austin hasn't a line of higher profile clubs queuing up for him.

He isn't young, he isn't cheap and he's only had one season in the Premier League. Definitely worth the risk for us but not ideal for everyone

I think Ings is better and is about 4 years younger too

Isn't he supposed to be going to Liverpool? He's not going to come here if they are in for him.

He's already gone

Guest taps01

Would be a good start if we get him in.

No idea on the expected cost mind, how long is his deal at QPR? Being there I'd expect him to be on a decent wedge too.

Has a year left on his contract...of course!

Holding the ball up should be less of a requirement now the hoof merchants have gone.

Arsenal, S'hampton, Chelsea & Bayern all play with target men. It doesn't mean you hoof it.

Dan Gleebals never said they didn't.

Exactly...I swear TCD just says things for the sake of saying them to try and sound clever  :lol:

His post clearly insinuates holding the ball up is a skill especially required for teams that often hoof. Also insinuates passing sides don't need one to a big extent. I demonstrated 4-5 great passing sides that play with a Target Man.

But any excuse to have a dig at me eh?

No idea on the expected cost mind, how long is his deal at QPR? Being there I'd expect him to be on a decent wedge too.

£6m - £10m then I'd guesstimate.

Can see us failing to get this one over the line.

Ah! No wonder it's been reported that we don't want to go over £10 million.

£15 million for Austin in the last year of his deal is mighty cheeky of QPR tbh.

Holding the ball up should be less of a requirement now the hoof merchants have gone.

Arsenal, S'hampton, Chelsea & Bayern all play with target men. It doesn't mean you hoof it.

Dan Gleebals never said they didn't.

Exactly...I swear TCD just says things for the sake of saying them to try and sound clever  :lol:

His post clearly insinuates holding the ball up is a skill especially required for teams that often hoof. Also insinuates passing sides don't need one to a big extent. I demonstrated 4-5 great passing sides that play with a Target Man.

But any excuse to have a dig at me eh?

Tbf, i didn't get any of those insinuations  :undecided:

Remember when Ryder used to have headlines portraying the club as "refusing to be pushovers" when not paying the asked price? I think that's how this will end up.

"But United will not be drawn into a bidding war." We used to get them all the time, as if they did something honourable in not paying money.