England - Thomas Tuchel agrees deal to become the new England manager (various)

Nobody

3 hours ago, midds said:

Gut reaction is similar to the one I had when they gave it to Capello. Not saying he's shit, I just don't think it's a great fit. 

Same 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, tend to agree, I was sure he would get it until the Greece game. 

Maybe they never planned to go with him, or maybe they changed course, dunno. 

I would’ve appointed him straight after Southgate left TBH, no interim status needed. The fact they did that suggests one or both sides were unsure. Maybe he never wanted the job. 

Problem is if Carsley had no appetite for the main job then he shouldn’t have been in place for the U21’s. Think he lost his nerve. Need to replace him with someone who won’t. Or except U21’s manager is solely for developing players for the main team.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Problem is if Carsley had no appetite for the main job then he shouldn’t have been in place for the U21’s. Think he lost his nerve. Need to replace him with someone who won’t. Or except U21’s manager is solely for developing players for the main team.

He seemed to be going OK then came out with that abomination  of a formation versus Greece. That was a strange thing to do. Maybe he was deliberately shi**ing the bed, who knows.

I think the fact that Pep was touted about for a couple of days and know we end up with Tuchel makes it slightly underwhelming. HOWEVER, I think its a decent enough appointment considering the lack of options around.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Pep was never, ever leaving Man City in the middle of a season to manage England. It was an insane idea. 

The only way I could have seen it happen was if City were charged with 115 breaches

8 hours ago, OverThere said:

He seemed to be going OK then came out with that abomination  of a formation versus Greece. That was a strange thing to do. Maybe he was deliberately shi**ing the bed, who knows.

Think giving how Tuchel has been wrapped up quick, he knew he was off so tried something wild out of a ‘fuck it, only one chance I’ll get’ approach.

Tuchel is a poor short term appointment, that just causes issues heading to home Euros as he won’t be here.

9 minutes ago, RS said:

Looking forward to finding out who TT’s mates are and seeing them played instead of better options. The real England way. 

Mason Mount come on down.

Given how pragmatic/structured Tuchel’s set-ups are I can’t see him shoehorning players in like Southgate did at times - especially in the last tournament. 

I guess there’ll be a few big player casualties in the process too.