England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Drinkwater looks a bit overwhelmed by playing for England or something, not his usual ability

He's great in Leicester's counter attacking style in a very fast league, I just don't think he's good enough at international pace, particularly when we have to take the initiative in possession

Guest firetotheworks

Making excuses for Rashford there like. Nothing wrong with either of those passes, just poor control. Played well in general though.

Tyledsley will have his 'couldn't quite bring it under his spell' lined up for him, which is big player at big club speak for miscontrolled the ball and was dispossessed.

Went to the match tonight and my god if any team could make an England match all about how much they hate their rivals it's  Sunderland fans.  Numerous Mags going down and Jermain Defoe chants. Bloke a few in front of me was so pissed he was hurling abuse at Clyne instead of Andros.

Andros did us proud, absolutely gutted I didn't get to see Inman grace the pitch though

Everytime I've seen Dier play in defence he's been really bad. He looked terrible in the 2nd half when we beat Spurs 5-1 and he played at centre back.  Shame we don't have any proper good centre backs

Everytime I've seen Dier play in defence he's been really bad. He looked terrible in the 2nd half when we beat Spurs 5-1 and he played at centre back.  Shame we don't have any proper good centre backs

It's a bit of a shame Shawcross got absolutely tortured by zlatan for that half he played as while he can't play football as such he can defend.

He hasn't recovered since? :lol:

There was an article about him, where he said everyone he knows, including his family, constantly rib him to this day about Zlatan destroying him. And Shawcross blames Zlatan entirely for not featuring for England since. Headline along the lines of 'Zlatan ended my England career before it even began'.

Alright. I guess this was the game where Zlatan scored 3-4 goals and where one of them was that ridiculous bicycle kick? Quite many in England didn't really rate him that much before this game :lol:

Alright. I guess this was the game where Zlatan scored 3-4 goals and where one of them was that ridiculous bicycle kick? Quite many in England didn't really rate him that much before this game :lol:

So the media said.