England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

"Everyone will want us to win. Some will expect us to win but I don't think it will be that easy based on Slovakia's record.

"Winning is what we want. If the nation thinks that's the only thing we can have to make us feel better, we'll try. But personally, if we get a draw from the most difficult game of the group, I'll be happy."

:sweetjesus:

:lol:

I'm sat around waiting for it to start, despite knowing after 5mins I'll be bored shitless and playing Candy Crush or some shit on my phone.

Got an accumulator on like. Hibs winning will do nicely for my 1st out of 10.

The thread title and negativity :anguish:

Hope we do well. Think it's reasonable for him to lower expectations before his first game.

There are ways to do that without coming across as weak minded, which Fat Head does.

The thread title and negativity :anguish:

Hope we do well. Think it's reasonable for him to lower expectations before his first game.

fat head thing is pathetic and unnecessary imo

negativity is perfectly understandable, he's a fucking shit appointment with a bang average (at best) track record, why in the name of fuck would anyone want to be positive?  you'd think as a toon fan you'd have seen enough of this shit...how tripe have we had to 'give a chance' when we've known from the off they were utter crap?

Considering Newcastle fans are constantly beaten with the stick of delusion and over-expectancy, it's somewhat hypocritical from the nations media, given that England have won even less and yet every competition we go into we're expected to win it.

I suspect Allardyce will have them fired up in the changing room and out on the pitch, so playing down the expectancy in the media might not necessarily be a bad move. The problem is, that will also work to the detriment of his popularity, and he wasn't a popular choice to begin with.

It's up to his tactics and the players to make the supposed negativity irrelevant.

I cannot believe this bloke is our manager like - nonetheless you have to wish him luck. England are my team, after Newcastle (a long way after), so I want them to do well.

It's absolutely catastrophic to think this countries media hounded out Sir Bobby, as did people involved at NUFC. What a fucking joke.

No wonder we (NUFC and England) have won fuck all for years after the number of frauds who've been in charge.