England

Yorkie

as with many the only english coach i'd personally get behind right now would be howe

Agreed. I'd give him a long contract and allow him to build a footballing identity, a way of playing that we can feed to the younger age groups too. He took a team of rejects and glorified plumbers through the Football League...and did so in a style that is not only pleasing to watch, but is also effective. If it has to be an English manager then I personally can't see past Howe. Everyone else is an anachronistic footballing relic.

at this stage and after the allardyce debacle i think you've got to go iconic (recent) ex-player to galvanise support a bit and create some excitement, top quality forrin (ancelloti level), or an eddie howe with a 10 year plan in place

so it'll be none of them

the ex-player thing is a hard one like, nobody stands out for me

as with many the only english coach i'd personally get behind right now would be howe

Agreed. I'd give him a long contract and allow him to build a footballing identity, a way of playing that we can feed to the younger age groups too. He took a team of rejects and glorified plumbers through the Football League...and did so in a style that is not only pleasing to watch, but is also effective. If it has to be an English manager then I personally can't see past Howe. Everyone else is an anachronistic footballing relic.

Basically aye. Although I'd give it to Wenger ahead of Howe straight away.

I'm not even 100% convinced of Howe like, what he's done with Bournemouth is great, they play decent football and he's still young. But he's obviously not on the same level as the top managers. But then you'd have said the same about Low a decade ago.

It's all about the infrastructure to support him, something we said we were sorting out when we hired Hodgson and obviously never did.

at this stage and after the allardyce debacle i think you've got to go iconic (recent) ex-player to galvanise support a bit and create some excitement, top quality forrin (ancelloti level), or an eddie howe with a 10 year plan in place

so it'll be none of them

the ex-player thing is a hard one like, nobody stands out for me

:thup:

The FA are so aimless that I can even see them chasing Redknapp.

Ex-player is hard definitely, Shearer says all the right things but can he back it up? I doubt it. Would any of our more 'technical' ex-players (Le Tiss being one)!have the appetite for it? I doubt it.

Top quality forrin or young Eddie. It's got to be. What's the point otherwise?

Basically aye. Although I'd give it to Wenger ahead of Howe straight away.

I'm not even 100% convinced of Howe like, what he's done with Bournemouth is great, they play decent football and he's still young. But he's obviously not on the same level as the top managers. But then you'd have said the same about Low a decade ago.

It's all about the infrastructure to support him, something we said we were sorting out when we hired Hodgson and obviously never did.

Yep, we can't delude ourselves into thinking that Howe is a futuristic uber-philosopher of football. But he's doing as well as he can,has a great temperament, great footballling style and is young. It's a joke that he's our best domestic choice but it is what it is.

Give him the right infrastrucure as you've mentioned and I believe he has the intelligence and diligence to succeed. At the very least he might have a Hughton-like effect of bringing some respect and decorum back to the England setup.

The FA would probably give him a 6 month contract and ban him from using St George's Park or something though.

Guest chopey

I wonder if pep and klopp use inspirational post cards, I bet Rafa dishes them out and then goes around each individual players house to make sure they have stuck them on the fridge correctly

Haven't heard 5Live's football show from last night but the podcast byline is "Sutton: Snobbery towards British managers is disgraceful"

Such a weird c*** that bloke.

Snobbery towards English managers? :lol:

Whatever mate.

Sutton's the biggest advocate of PFMs working on the punditry circuit. He was basically working as Nigel Pearson's agent back around the time we hired Rafa.

Its no wonder "big" English managers never feel the need to change their bradn of football, they get so much protection from ex players, ex managers and their pals in the media.

I notice Sean Custis has been very quiet on the whole Big Sam fingers in the till debate.

His silence is deafening.