England

Yorkie

He is 100% correct.

I must admit I didn't actually watch the video :) Just saw the title, and it's very misleading he's not promoting the likes over PArdew or Howe over Wenger and Ponc... like it's suggesting he's promoting the need to keep old English players in the game, which is fair enough although I really don't care if Lampard or Gerard are going to have an easier time to get their coaching badges !!

He's 100% wrong. Not least because our managers are all f***ing horribly unqualified to lead the national team.

Exactly. Idealistically sure, realistically Howe is the only Englishman I would consider and I think it would be a potential disservice to him and his career to become England Coach right now. He would certainly bring a freshness to the set up which is absolutely needed. Otherwise it is just groundhog day.

I hope we persuade Wenger to take it, hope the same in the summer too. He would at least bring some class back to the position which I can't even remember when we last had.

He's 100% wrong. Not least because our managers are all fucking horribly unqualified to lead the national team.

:thup:

I think he's angling for the job himself.  I wouldn't be averse to it but only on a very short trial.  I'm not convinced by Shearer's credentials at all, nor was I when he was here, but he might have a Klinsmann/Germany effect. 

He's 100% wrong. Not least because our managers are all fucking horribly unqualified to lead the national team.

I think he's angling for the job himself.  I wouldn't be averse to it but only on a very short trial.  I'm not convinced by Shearer's credentials at all, nor was I when he was here, but he might have a Klinsmann/Germany effect. 

You mean a great assistant that does all the actual work? :lol:

You mean a great assistant that does all the actual work? :lol:

I'm well aware of that, for fucksake :lol:  But he was the catalyst, he knew to have him around, to surround himself with said genius, that the whole German setup needed a revamp.  Listen to what Shearer's saying, we've got to keep our internationals in the game so they can use their vast playing experience to their benefit in potential managerial careers.  It doesn't have to be the bestest players ever, It's not just about coaching qualifications.  On this, he's right, for the long term, if definitely wrong in the short term.

Like I said, I thought and think Shearer was an awful manager, in all honesty, but his determination not to be a laughing stock, in theory, would hopefully see him make sure he surrounds himself with the types Jurgen.  Personally I think it's time we looked to the long term here, perhaps trial some of these so-called great English talents, instead of giving them 3-4 year contracts, declaring the country's game saved, then realising after the first game what a dreadful mistake we've made.  We'll not have the Telegraph around to save us next time. :lol:

In fairness, I'm not advocating the English approach, but there's really no easy answers here.  The problem goes beyond the managerial post, it's the culture of the English within the English game that's the problem. 

And hey, we're talking man, nae need to be a condescending little wazak. :lol:

He is 100% correct.

I must admit I didn't actually watch the video :) Just saw the title, and it's very misleading he's not promoting the likes over PArdew or Howe over Wenger and Ponc... like it's suggesting he's promoting the need to keep old English players in the game, which is fair enough although I really don't care if Lampard or Gerard are going to have an easier time to get their coaching badges !!

Who on earth is 'Ponc'?

If Rangnick really is on the FA's shortlist then I honestly don't think they have a clue what they want, or have any ideas on a philosophy moving forward. Him & Allardyce are like chalk and cheese surely? How can you go from one extreme, to the other within months?

The England manager absolutely should be English, no two ways about it.

Unfortunately they're all terrible though so there's little else to do other than look elsewhere.

Shearer's just after the job himself though, that's all that's about.. It would be a wildly unpopular appointment though, I think the majority would be against it aside from a certain percentage of our fans.

He is 100% correct.

Who on earth is 'Ponc'?

I can't bloody spell his name, the Spuds boss :)

He is 100% correct.

Who on earth is 'Ponc'?

I can't bloody spell his name, the Spuds boss :)

"Poch" you mean? :lol: