England

Yorkie

Sutton's the biggest advocate of PFMs working on the punditry circuit. He was basically working as Nigel Pearson's agent back around the time we hired Rafa.

:thup: He's a right dickhead like. Amazing how those that employ him just ignore this and the opinions of those that listen to their shows.

What grates on me about Sutton and his like, nobody ever seems to challenge their opinions.  They get to spout off without challenge, which gives them a position of power for their opinions.

Sutton's the biggest advocate of PFMs working on the punditry circuit. He was basically working as Nigel Pearson's agent back around the time we hired Rafa.

I hadn't seen him on the TV until the weekend when I saw him on the Celtic match. He came across like a right condescending twat.

I'm not surprised that Shearer didn't like him.

What grates on me about Sutton and his like, nobody ever seems to challenge their opinions.  They get to spout off without challenge, which gives them a position of power for their opinions.

Spot on.  Can't really watch the likes of Soccer Saturday, or listen to most of the drongos they have on Talksport, for this exact reason. 

He is a complete WUM and a bit of a dick.  But Adrian Durham doesn't always toe the 'PFM' line.  He is one of the only ones I can remember openly calling out Pardew on his bullshit and bad record.

:lol:  So they took a risk by hiring the guy with over 30 years of management experience instead of the Welshman who's never managed before but "knows the league".  :lol:  It's not the Uzbek second division, everyone in the world knows the league.

I feel terrible asking this, but what the f*** is PFM? :blush: :lol:

A phrase British pudits use all the time to describe someone like Pardew, Bruce, McLaren, Allardyce or Pulis.  They may have an appalling win ratio or not actually achieved anything of note but they are PROPER FOOTBALL MEN.  So ignore the terrible relegation form their teams are in or give them the England job.  Based purely on PFM.

Spot on.  Can't really watch the likes of Soccer Saturday, or listen to most of the drongos they have on Talksport, for this exact reason. 

He is a complete WUM and a bit of a dick.  But Adrian Durham doesn't always toe the 'PFM' line.  He is one of the only ones I can remember openly calling out Pardew on his bullshit and bad record.

Colin Murray anarl

A phrase British pudits use all the time to describe someone like Pardew, Bruce, McLaren, Allardyce or Pulis.  They may have an appalling win ratio or not actually achieved anything of note but they are PROPER FOOTBALL MEN.  So ignore the terrible relegation form their teams are in or give them the England job.  Based purely on PFM.

Always thought it was Proper Football Manager. Proper Football Men is even funnier :lol: Cheers.

Always thought it was Proper Football Manager. Proper Football Men is even funnier :lol: Cheers.

It does have a funny ring to it.  :lol:

It's a great piece, I've shared it round a few friends to enlighten them. The sofa supporters that get all their knowledge from pundits and don't understand my hatred for managers like Allardyce because he's a "character". They gon learn today.

There was an interview with Ruud Gullitt in the Sunday Times this week (by Robert Crampton I think) who apparently did a hatchet job on him some years ago, but he went back on it in this article which was a good read. The standout comment in it was that Gullitt was an all time great player, not very good manager, but an above average football pundit. That really is true. His insights as a commentator are light years ahead of the pub crew that we are usually subjected to by the tv channels. Well worth a read if you can find it without the paywall. I'm assuming you can because I've seen plenty of George Caulkin articles on here.