England

Yorkie

This was the Puncheon stuff I mentioned last night, in case anyone forgot it (third tweet)

Screen+Shot+2014-01-13+at+11.49.06.png

Be interesting to see if Colin is involved as one of the managers

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

Hmm...

I can see why players need representation, otherwise clubs would exploit them. But it drastically needs reform and transparency.

A seemingly simple starting point would be some transparency around transfer fees and wages. By transparency I mean publish relevant details from a transfer/contract on premierleague.com or theFA.com. All financial figure from transfers, contract renewals, etc. should have to be reported and shared with the media.

Which of Fat Sam's transfers do people think are the suspect ones?

With regard to Newcastle, strikes me as somewhat odd that he signed Bolton players and was signing players he had initially planned to sign for Bolton.

He was also sacked during a period where Chris Mort and his team we auditing all of the clubs accounts and business dealings.

Who was that terrible defender that Allardyce signed from Rangers that we all thought was a dodgy deal at the time?

Boumsong. Signed for 8m six months after he signed for Rangers on a free. :lol:

tbf it was a Bosman free  and before rangers offered a bigger bung he was widely rumoured to be going to Liverpool

With regard to Newcastle, strikes me as somewhat odd that he signed Bolton players and was signing players he had initially planned to sign for Bolton.

He was also sacked during a period where Chris Mort and his team we auditing all of the clubs accounts and business dealings.

Who was that terrible defender that Allardyce signed from Rangers that we all thought was a dodgy deal at the time?

tbf it was a Bosman free  and before rangers offered a bigger bung he was widely rumoured to be going to Liverpool

Wasn't Boumsong signed when Sourness was our manager?

Probably and Willie McKay was the agent. The deal may well have been iffy, I was only pointing out that he was on a free due to Bosman rules, not because his club wanted rid cos he was crap.

Probably and Willie McKay was the agent. The deal may well have been iffy, I was only pointing out that he was on a free due to Bosman rules, not because his club wanted rid cos he was crap.

Aye, I never saw the problem with that he was a young, highly regarded at the time full French international being sounded out by top clubs. No different at all to Owen for example going to Real for £8m due to his contract situation, then ending here for double that with a long contract to go. He was just a bad signing, not dodgy Imo.

Guest firetotheworks

This is what happened - SBR wanted Boumsong on a free, but he went to Rangers. Then a few months later Souness signed Boumsong from Rangers for around £8m and Willie McKay was the agent. Allardyce had nothing to do with it, as Boumsong was sold when Roeder was our manager.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-allardyce-sacking-fa-acted-8933531

As a further example, one of the leading candidates to replace Allardyce has had a colourful private life which is common knowledge amongst the national press. Should he become England manager, the justification for further scrutiny would be magnified. I fear he would be unlikely to survive the scrutiny, or the FA the further potential embarrassment.

We all know who that is!

This is what happened - SBR wanted Boumsong on a free, but he went to Rangers. Then a few months later Souness signed Boumsong from Rangers for around £8m and Willie McKay was the agent. Allardyce had nothing to do with it, as Boumsong was sold when Roeder was our manager.

I never meant it had anything to do with Allardyce and with McKay being involved that's probably how it happened. More so using Rangers to generate a cash sale, could've been us or anyone else paying up, I don't see Sourness doing more than buying a player who seemed decent and it didn't work out.

Can't get over the reaction to all of this.

Allardyce is actually being made out to be a victim in all of this, by all of these ex-pros and managers. Incredible stuff.

Because so many of them are part of the same shady shit, presumably

Can't get over the reaction to all of this.

Allardyce is actually being made out to be a victim in all of this, by all of these ex-pros and managers. Incredible stuff.

I feel he's being spoken about as if he's a virgin just been sucked in by bad people, rather than this being something he's been involved in for the entirety of his career in management. There's a reason he was targeted, he's one of the fucking guys and always has been.

Come to think of it, the Boumsong deal was dodgy as f***. :lol: Surely the guy can't have impressed for Rangers in that wee spell enough to make us pay £8m, when wet could have got him for nowt four months earlier?

That willie McKay was always involved with arry and dodgy goings on too. Amdy Faye will be another one too as he was linked to them all

Guest firetotheworks

I never meant it had anything to do with Allardyce and with McKay being involved that's probably how it happened. More so using Rangers to generate a cash sale, could've been us or anyone else paying up, I don't see Sourness doing more than buying a player who seemed decent and it didn't work out.

There were people mentioning Allardyce earlier, that's what I was referring to. :thup:

Souness was good mates with the Rangers owner and Rangers really needed the money so it was dodgy on that score straight away. Actually wasn't Souness a Rangers shareholder at the time?