England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Rooney was finished and should have been canned in 2013, absolute joke to give him this 'cap' and for him to accept it. Dumb f***.

I really don't get it. England have had far better players who didn't get a send off.  In a way, he is the last of the so called 'Golden Generation' who delivered nothing but epic failure.  Seeing the back of him is a good thing and should allow the national team to focus on the future rather than look back on all of the shit times like when he told the fans to fuck off.

It's just a poxy friendly against America. I agree that there's nothing particularly memorable about his England career - but his inclusion literally doesn't matter. Friendlies have provided nothing for the England squad for years now; neither will this one. There's obviously some sort of monetary incentive behind Rooney's inclusion (American TV viewing figures, I'd assume)... I don't think there's any genuine romance in it, and I don't think we have a great deal to worry about in terms of what influence he might have on the football. The England set-up has quite clearly and rightly moved on.

Pretty sure the starting XI are just randoms off the street.

England

1Pickford

2Alexander-Arnold

5Keane

6Dunk

3Chilwell

8Winks

4Delph

7Sancho

11Alli

14Lingard

9Wilson

USA

1Guzan

2Yedlin

3Miazga

6Brooks

19Villafaña

8McKennie

20Trapp

10Pulisic

16Green

11Weah

7Wood

Good gol x 2

Their number 10 looks miles better than Perez.

The guy worth £50m+? No way, I’m shocked.

Hopefully he can shoot that chorizo munching soft cunt in his social media using face too.