England

Yorkie

Miguel Cervantes, VI, Seve Ballesteros, Marcelino Elena, Rafa Nadal, Manuel Alberto Freire de Andrade y Armijo, Xisco Jimenez, we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all! Albert Luque, can you hear me? Albert Luque ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your muchachos took a hell of a beating!

We really are going to win this inter-nations national league nations biannual league format UEFA cup for Europe thing. 

Have we won it now or are we just in the final?

Spain are still top of the group. We need Croatia to beat Spain and to beat Croatia ourselves to get through to the semi final.

EDIT: Not sure what the GD is, but a Croatia-Spain draw and us beating Croatia could do it, depending on GD (if it works that way and not head-to-head...?)

Some encouraging signs, although I think Spain paid the price for not giving the opposition sufficient respect at the start.

Barkley is a very good all round midfielder and should be a fixture in the side. The performance as a whole showed that we don't need two defensive midfield players - Dier or Henderson should start, but not both.

I remain to be convinced about Sterling, despite the two goals and his pace. Lingard and Sancho look better options to me. Sterling's decision-making is often poor, and at international level you really need players who are able to use their brain.

Really enjoyed that. First half we were so clinical - couldn't believe it  :lol:

3 superb goals, we looked really dangerous, passing was strong.

Second half we battled so hard, got a bit lucky with the Mackem "non-pen", but beating Spain away is a great result.

Some encouraging signs, although I think Spain paid the price for not giving the opposition sufficient respect at the start.

Barkley is a very good all round midfielder and should be a fixture in the side. The performance as a whole showed that we don't need two defensive midfield players - Dier or Henderson should start, but not both.

I remain to be convinced about Sterling, despite the two goals and his pace. Lingard and Sancho look better options to me. Sterling's decision-making is often poor, and at international level you really need players who are able to use their brain.

Fairly early call on Sancho there like.

Agree on Barkley, I think he's a class player. Better than Dele for England.

Fairly early call on Sancho there like.

Agree on Barkley, I think he's a class player. Better than Dele for England.

Pickford

Chilwell

Gomez/stones

Maguire

Walker/trippier

Winks

Barkley

Foden

Sterling

Kane

Rashford/sancho

The future is bright, got a Croatia ticket for next month at Wembley and hoping to get to a few more England games in the next few years. They can replace the football supporting hole Ashley's nufc have left me with

If we stick with this 4-3-3 the balance of the midfield 3 is crucial, there doesn't really seems to be a logical fit for Alli in that system (or any outside of a 4-2-3-1 really!). Was glad to see Southgate go to a 5-4-1 late on rather than leave two up all the time as he did at the World Cup, even if it didn't quite work in keeping Spain at bay.