England

Yorkie

First time I've watched us since the WC. One thing I'd like to see is Sterling float around a bit more, he's not a traditional winger who commits people and puts crosses in.

The way he's being used (by design or not)  is limiting his potential impact. That aside I don't have very many complaints.

Guest Howaythetoon

Really impressed with England under Southgate and the job he has done with the players. For the first time since I’ve been following football England look a good football team and not just in patches or against certain teams, every par looks comfortable on the ball and whoeve plays all seem to fit into the system and style of play and all seem to see a lot of the ball.

For example Walker just before half time tried to thread a cute ball through to Sterling, in the past the full-back would either try and cross it or lump it forward, but here is the right-back trying to thread a ball through and although it didn’t come off, it’s better than just slinging it in there or going backwards.

We still lack a Modric in the middle though, that silky playmaker.

Again if Sterling could finish, he’d be one of the best in the world, he’s having a very good game though in a role similar to how he plays for City.

An enjoyable game which England should be a few goals in front. I don’t understand this Nations League, but it’s far better than a friendly game.

Looking forward to the second half.

Guest Howaythetoon

First time I've watched us since the WC. One thing I'd like to see is Sterling float around a bit more, he's not a traditional winger who commits people and puts crosses in.

The way he's being used (by design or not)  is limiting his potential impact. That aside I don't have very many complaints.

That’s exactly what he’s been doing from what I’m seeing, floating around and Croatia don’t know how to handle him. He’s popping up right left and centre and deeper if need be and his quick feet on the ball, runs off the ball and ability to pop up into space is causing them problems.

He’s a very good player who could get crazy figures in terms of goals if he was a better finisher, he’s someone who could score every game it seems as he always seems to have a number of chances or gets into such great positions.

That’s exactly what he’s been doing from what I’m seeing, floating around and Croatia don’t know how to handle him. He’s popping up right left and centre and deeper if need be and his quick feet on the ball, runs off the ball and ability to pop up into space is causing them problems.

He’s a very good player who could get crazy figures in terms of goals if he was a better finisher, he’s someone who could score every game it seems as he always seems to have a number of chances or gets into such great positions.

Like Bellamy but better

Given that this would normally be a meaningless friendly, the fact that this matter and has weight actually makes these internationals just seem alot more competitive, both for the players and the fan. It's been fantastic this Nations League tbh.

England always go to shit when they struggle to score in the first hour. Seen it for the last 30 years, nothing has changed.

Precisely nothing.

The press et al can bang on all they want about this current England side. Simple fact is they have still won jack shit and whilst they may be eminently more likeable than other recent sides of the 2000's until they win something it is the same old same old.

Lot of promise and bluster but short on the qualities required to deliver something.

You cannot dominate play at this level and miss so many chances.

It will always bite your arse.

England always go to shit when they struggle to score in the first hour. Seen it for the last 30 years, nothing has changed.

Yet we still bring out a dvd to celebrate the easy route we got at the world cup that made people think we are good,Same with Roy before iceland whipped us this is the worst England squad i've seen

Yet we still bring out a dvd to celebrate the easy route we got at the world cup that made people think we are good,Same with Roy before iceland whipped us this is the worst England squad i've seen

Fuck off man utter shite

Guest Howaythetoon

This is where not having someone like a Modric hurts us and for Southgate where tactically he can help the team, but he’s limited tactically.

I’d play 3 at the back and push the full-backs up and keep Kane up front by himself and to stay central in and around their box.