England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

If I could disassociate the football team from politics/patriotism/national pride/every other fucking thing I'm supposed to like because I happened to be shat out by me Ma on this patch of earth, then I might be more in favour of them doing well.

As it stands, England, Southgate, God Save the King, the FA, beer swilling, piss slinging, chair breaking moron superfans can do one.

NUFC is in wor blood. Nothing else comes close.

Edited by toon25

11 hours ago, toon25 said:

If I could disassociate the football team from politics/patriotism/national pride/every other fucking thing I'm supposed to like because I happened to be shat out by me Ma on this patch of earth, then I might be more in favour of them doing well.

As it stands, England, Southgate, God Save the King, the FA, beer swilling, piss slinging, chair breaking moron superfans can do one.

NUFC is in wor blood. Nothing else comes close.

True. Largely because you were shat out by your Ma on that patch of Earth by the Tyne (I presume).

My Ma shat me out in Sydney, but I grew up in north London with a Spurs-mad Dad so it’s in my blood, and family, and community. So’s England, albeit a bit more diluted (literally in my case with an Australian mum).

One of the things I love about football is that it brings a community together. The irony of course is that it also splits it up - particularly in, say, North London. One of the things I love about international football is that it brings those tribes together. My best memories of England matches involve celebrating with and hugging fans of other teams.

If you don’t experience that then fair enough. I think you’re missing out, but that’s life’s rich tapestry.

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

True. Largely because you were shat out by your Ma on that patch of Earth by the Tyne (I presume).

My Ma shat me out in Sydney, but I grew up in north London with a Spurs-mad Dad so it’s in my blood, and family, and community. So’s England, albeit a bit more diluted (literally in my case with an Australian mum).

One of the things I love about football is that it brings a community together. The irony of course is that it also splits it up - particularly in, say, North London. One of the things I love about international football is that it brings those tribes together. My best memories of England matches involve celebrating with and hugging fans of other teams.

If you don’t experience that then fair enough. I think you’re missing out, but that’s life’s rich tapestry.

Big question is...Who dya want to win the ashes when they're on?

Feels like there's an all time low in terms of hype for this tournament. Hearing barely any chatter about it, could just be because of the result last week I guess, or the weather being trash, the election and the economy.. Barely seen any tacky car flags.

37 minutes ago, jack j said:

Big question is...Who dya want to win the ashes when they're on?

:lol: It was always England. Presumably because I moved to London when I was young and because of my Dad. Also I suspect partly because of Botham and 1981.

For some reason (maybe class :lol:) I was always a bit more ambiguous about the rugby. 

2 hours ago, Magpie said:

Nee pressure 😳

He thrives on it, man. Really looking forward to watching him now. Hopefully he ragdolls a couple of Serbs on his way to something special on Sunday. 

11 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

He thrives on it, man. Really looking forward to watching him now. Hopefully he ragdolls a couple of Serbs on his way to something special on Sunday. 

I just worry about him gassing out, his season literally only finished less than a fortnight ago

On 12/06/2024 at 04:42, Disco said:

what a sexy squad it is this year.

image.thumb.png.c60df1dcd359a4190f5f804a8361a2d7.png

Cole Palmer is lucky he's good at football like :lol: complete mouth breather

Engerland Engerland Engerland

Everyone throw you're full overpriced pints for no reason only to buy another and do the same! C'MON!

Boost that economy!

7 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I was born and grew up in NE London. 

19 hours ago, toon25 said:

Can he actually close his mouth?

I've just bought a tee shirt like that for fat fuckers, longer so it hides belly and moobs

9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I was born and grew up in NE London. 

Were your parents from Newcastle?

Spurs is in my blood through my Dad and my childhood. England is also in my blood through my Dad and my childhood. I have some of that patriotism and national pride just as I have some of that Norf London pride. If you don’t then fair enough.

A lot of England fans are cunts but every club’s fan base has cunts too - doesn’t mean we stop supporting them.