England

Nobody

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

I lost interest and was cooking dinner. Can somoeone break down the second half for me?

Felt like England stopped taking the game seriously, and were sloppier.

Ireland were a bit more enthusiastic but were never going to do anything.

England could actually have added another two goals.

Comfortable win for England.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Felt like England stopped taking the game seriously, and were sloppier.

Ireland were a bit more enthusiastic but were never going to do anything.

England could actually have added another two goals.

Comfortable win for England.

Cheers. Did we get enough time to have a look at Angel Gomes?

Just now, leffe186 said:

Cheers. Did we get enough time to have a look at Angel Gomes?

Came in for the last 15 mins or so for Mainoo.

Could kind of see what he was about. Always looking to get on the ball and distribute it without too many touches.

Looked sharp I thought.

good thing was if kane came short, gordon would go central up top.

loads of similar movement from other players to cover like that in the first half.

night and day to the euros.

ireland arent great mind.

17 minutes ago, huss9 said:

good thing was if kane came short, gordon would go central up top.

loads of similar movement from other players to cover like that in the first half.

night and day to the euros.

ireland arent great mind.

Everything we said about it pre- and during the Euros was true! :lol:

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

I mean he's only introduced three new players into the team and changed the formation.

'Nothing has changed' [emoji38]

Kane, Maguire....time to give others a chance.

I only saw the second half (hence the more negative observations) but based on this three things stood out.

1. Gordon still looks to be lacking fitness and the electric pace of last year seems to have gone somewhere.

2. Tino has real chance at gaining and securing the RB slot this year as TAA seems like the RB version of Maddison, as in he's a great player but needs a system built around him and I can't see the national team being able to do this.

3. Kane is looking so slow these days. The lack of a top class mobile CF is going to be the next England issue that is debated ad infinitum.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed

14 minutes ago, duo said:

Kane, Maguire....time to give others a chance.

think he played Kane to set him up for his 100th cap at wembley next week.

watkins deserved a start but he's off form and not fit.

shows the dearth of good english centre forwards.

step forward callum wilson.

I’m a Kane believer. I think he just needs players who get beyond him, like Gordon.

Big question for Carsley is what he does when Foden, Bellingham and Palmer are fit. Is he a coward like Southgate and pick the 11 biggest names or does he pick a team. He’s shown the benefits of picking a team but it’s low stakes so far

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bellingham has to play deeper for me. No harm in easing him in gradually either, he's just a kid. 

For England or generally? For Real Madrid he has to play behind the striker. No reason why it should be different for England imo (other than not actually having a proper striker anymore)

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

For England or generally? For Real Madrid he has to play behind the striker. No reason why it should be different for England imo (other than not actually having a proper striker anymore)

This exactly. Play him in his best position off a striker, not Kane.

I don’t agree. You don’t play him over Foden or Palmer who are better 10s for England. You play him as a box to box next Rice. Hes very fortunate in his club role with the likes of Vini, Rodrygo, Kroos, Valverde, Tchou, (now KM). 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I don’t agree. You don’t play him over Foden or Palmer who are better 10s for England. You play him as a box to box next Rice. Hes very fortunate in his club role with the likes of Vini, Rodrygo, Kroos, Valverde, Tchou, (now KM). 

This is how I see it too. Real Madrid paid £100m for a box-to-box midfielder but played him further up out of necessity. He was really good but England have so many good options further up the pitch compared to midfield that IMO he should play as an 8 for England to make room for either Foden or Palmer.

6 hours ago, Pata said:

This is how I see it too. Real Madrid paid £100m for a box-to-box midfielder but played him further up out of necessity. He was really good but England have so many good options further up the pitch compared to midfield that IMO he should play as an 8 for England to make room for either Foden or Palmer.

Agree with both. He got in the way most the time at the Euros. Wanted too many touches and slowed our game down. Much prefer him in the two and driving from deep. 

Clearly an extremely commanding and intimidating performance from the Vlach. Suitors are going to be lining up  in their droves. I hope he can get some actual games this season (on loan), going to be a joke if he’s not even good enough for backup and doesn’t get a loan