England

Yorkie

The way you're slagging off your team after a loss makes me recall why I usually root against England. You don't deserve success.

Eh :lol:

Did you type this up in anticipation of a loss and just posted it anyway?

Feel like literally everyone is being complimentary and humble :lol:

I haven't read more than a percentage of this thread, so I may possibly have been unfair. Still, some posters say they don't trust Southgate going forward, and oh so many players are overrated.

This is the best England team I've ever seen.

The Kane criticism is over the top. He's literally the golden boot holder as it stands. He was poor today no doubt, wrong decisions and way too deep but let's not re-write his tournament.

Good tournament, decent first half, 2 bad misses, far too deep and needed sterling to stay on.

Alli’s my target for hatred. Useless prick he’s been.

Kane missed two good chances, but I think saying he had a shit game is unfair. We gave him fuck all, really. He was contesting headers on the edge of the circle, ffs.

I agree with this actually.

Especially once Sterling went off. Nothing seems to open up the opposition when he isn't on.

But then when he is on, he does waste a lot of opportunities to deliver a final ball or finish.

Lingaard and Dele are culpable IMO. Not enough creativity from those two, which is incredibly disappointing.

Agree about Lingard and Alli, like. We were great first half even despite them. But then I'm not sure internationally they're actually capable, unfortunately. Rather than they performed poorly.

Was also disappointed we didn't try and change formation at any time during this tournament. We struggled with subs desperately because we didn't really have anyone to come on like for like. I think it was crying out for 433 second half.

It's so easy to take Sterling off because when he wastes opportunities it can be so glaring. Even I thought he ought to come off at the time.

However, once he goes off it becomes glaringly obvious how little Alli and Lingaard are contributing.

And then do you begin to realise there's no way they should have both played a full 90, while Sterling went off so early.

Aye that's spot on, like. Why he refused to take either off for LC is beyond me. Even Rashford but push him up and change formation. He can't play their role but you don''t take off Sterling.

Oh well, so it's Croatia losing heavily to France on Sunday rather than England. Has there ever been a weaker pair of teams contesting a world cup semi-final?

Don't think they'll lose heavily, but it's for sure one of the weakest side to reach a World Cup final. Only other side I can think of in the last 30 years or so is Germany in 2002. who relied heavily on Ballack and Kahn and had a easy route to the final.

When the dust settles getting to the semis is fucking brilliant, but the manner in which we threw it away is tragic.

France would have bumped us anyway, but still, a World Cup final is something I’ve never seen and would have been great.

I’ll be very surprised if this team kicks on mind, I think the manager has a ceiling and tonight he showed he’s not enough to take us to the next leve, however he’s streets ahead of what fat head would have done with us and deserves a lot of respect.

Croatia were supposed to get tired, though. [emoji38]

They aren’t real man. Absolute machines.

[emoji38] Modric wasn't even tired when he walked off.

Won’t be surprised if they fail a doping test although FIFA being FIFA will dodge their way out of drugs tests as usual.

Shut up man :lol:

The thing is though, I feel fucking proud of the England team again. It's been brilliant to see the country coming together, the memes and gags have been great, I've enjoyed wearing stupid stuff to work. The World Cup has been great.

It's been a long time coming.

:thup: Like I've said, great to see the fans and squad coming together at the end.

In two years we should have a good core. However we really need one or two spectacular players in midfield and attack to emerge. Sterling might come of age but at the minute there's just not enough star quality and too many similar players.

Yea the players and Southgate deserves huge credit for what they achieved this tournament. No doubt about that.

Something needs to be changed though, for the next Euro.

Qualifying for the World Cup was a bigger achievement. You only played one good team and lost.

In two years we should have a good core. However we really need one or two spectacular players in midfield and attack to emerge. Sterling might come of age but at the minute there's just not enough star quality and too many similar players.

Is there any loophole to allow KDB to play for England? That would help sterling.