England

Yorkie

Modric is a phenomenal player, like. Glides across the pitch and drags his team forward.

Hope Croatia go on to win it.

I really think that Modric is the best player in the world. Top 3 easily..

Alli to me seems like one of those players who for some reason will just never replicate their club for their country, maybe I'm harsher on Alli as he would generally be considered the better player of the two but I much prefer Lingard like.

Alli was being played out of position tbf

Alli to me seems like one of those players who for some reason will just never replicate their club for their country, maybe I'm harsher on Alli as he would generally be considered the better player of the two but I much prefer Lingard like.

Having Eriksen to aliviate the burden will always help. Was saying to some cunt that he needs to find a happy medium. Either class or anon.

Modric is a phenomenal player, like. Glides across the pitch and drags his team forward.

He's amazing.

Guest firetotheworks

Will I get shot down for saying Kane’s been a let down? Think he’s been poor when it mattered most, barely saw him after the deflected goal against Panama.

Kane's record in big games ain't really that good

This season just gone he scored against Dortmund, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus. Only 24 as well.

Dortmund aren't very good. Juve was a penalty, no? Or did he get two? That's two out of the top 6 like, nowt special

Two out of the top 6 in one season and two big European teams, and like I said he's 24, he'll learn new ways to score.

Will I get shot down for saying Kane’s been a let down? Think he’s been poor when it mattered most, barely saw him after the deflected goal against Panama.

He had clearly been asked to drop deep and support midfield leaving Stirling/Rashford to push forward. He did that well, but I think he and the team would've benefited from him as a lone target man with an extra midfielder when we had obviously lost control of midfield tonight, in the 2nd half against Colombia and Sweden. Southgate has done a brilliant job of building team spirit but he's been literally one-dimensional tactically.

If they win the World Cup and he doesn't get the Ballon d'Or, there's seriously something wrong with football. Felt he was Real Madrids best player in the CL for large parts.

Guest firetotheworks

Could have sworn Kane scored against Real Madrid as well, but it was just an assist. Either way he was outstanding.

No shame tonight. It's been a great run and couple of weeks. It's allowed to many of us to reconnect with the national side and I think that's great. :thup: For the match itself - we had no-one in midfield to change the game, as Croatia gradually got on top. That's why Jonjo Shelvey should have gone - because he can take a risk and pass the ball forwards. Eric Dier isn't going to do that!

Have had a cracking night at the local club, with my family. :) Everyone stay safe, as doubtlessly some nuggets will see it as an opportunity to cause bother.

No shame tonight. It's been a great run and couple of weeks. It's allowed to many of us to reconnect with the national side and I think that's great. :thup: For the match itself - we had no-one in midfield to change the game, as Croatia gradually got on top. That's why Jonjo Shelvey should have gone - because he can take a risk and pass the ball forwards. Eric Dier isn't going to do that!

Have had a cracking night at the local club, with my family. :) Everyone stay safe, as doubtlessly some nuggets will see it as an opportunity to cause bother.

Heard the fanzone was dodgy, knobheads who don't usually care about football.

22 quid to get in as well, daft.

I'm frustrated tbh, I thought we beat ourselves tonight. When we came out for the second half we sat back and allowed them to gain control and never really recovered.

Great run though and gives hope for the future instead of the usual dread, but it does feel like a missed opportunity.

The other thing is while he might not score, tonight showed Sterling's value to the team IMO. We literally can't build attacks without him, isn't the first time it's happened this tournament either.

So Kane can't score in July or August, just loves a summer holiday really.

Good news is that he should have the shooting boots on for all of the next one

I mean, he's scored six this July. :lol:

I'm frustrated tbh, I thought we beat ourselves tonight. When we came out for the second half we sat back and allowed them to gain control and never really recovered.

Great run though and gives hope for the future instead of the usual dread, but it does feel like a missed opportunity.

The other thing is while he might not score, tonight showed Sterling's value to the team IMO. We literally can't build attacks without him, isn't the first time it's happened this tournament either.

No one to kill the game and slow it down to a horrible to degree no matter how hard it was. Cost us but nooone tried.