England

Yorkie

Yeah perhaps, I see it both ways. At the very least I think it’s fair for Southgate to experiment with both a back three and four as always good to have different options, and I wouldn’t say the back three is proving disastrous. It’s just a shame excellent attacking players won’t even leave the bench as a result. I at least hope the midfield has a bit more going forward - Rice and Henderson are without doubt good players, but pretty underwhelming as a CM pair.

Upcoming WC qualifers:

Thursday 25th March - 19:45 - England Vs. San Marino

Sunday 28th March - 17:00 - Albania Vs. England

Wedneday 31st March - 19:45 - England Vs. Poland

Starring these lads:

Connor Coady is depressing. 

Obviously class is Wolves’ system, but says to me Southgate is going to stick with the 3at the back/back 5.

All Coady’s game is with the ball is to ping it out to full back. Usually over hit and out for throw.... Basic. Cant play in a 2, and a basic meh defender - not better than JL, but can ping a ball. Kyle Walker is much better CB in a 3 and miles better with the ball, so probably better suited in a 2 alongside teammate Stones.

Coady doesn’t need anywhere near a England!

Didn’t bother watching last round of fixtures, and barely gave a fuck before. Last game I remember watching was Iceland away, and Southgate still played 3 at the back!

Edited by Abra Dubravka

Southgate’s lost all the buzz he had following on from World Cup and Nations League. 

I saw them play Kosovo home, at Southampton, I think that would have been last SG played 4321/433 - Kosovo were brilliant in a couple of spells, but SG’s mentality is always going to be clean sheet.

If we don’t have 2 solid class CB’s he’ll sacrifice whole side to stick in 3 meh centre backs.

Worked up until Modric/Rakitic 2018. Been shite since against anything quality, even against Iceland recently and last few games it’s been arse.

Rice,Henderson, Mount in a front 3 with Trippier on left wing?! 🙄

Edited by Abra Dubravka

He should start with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 instead of the more defensive 5-3-2 he likes.

We have the players to do so:

----------------------Henderson--------------------------

shaw--------stones--------Mings--.-.--------Walker

--------------philips --------rice-------------------

----sterling--------mount-------------rashford

------------------Kane-------------------

1 hour ago, buzza said:

He should start with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 instead of the more defensive 5-3-2 he likes.

We have the players to do so:

----------------------Henderson--------------------------

shaw--------stones--------Mings--.-.--------Walker

--------------philips --------rice-------------------

----sterling--------mount-------------rashford

------------------Kane-------------------

I don't think you can leave Grealish and/or Foden out (obviously when Grealish is available again). I'd also probably have JWP in instead of Rice.

I think Rice is a bit underrated TBH, he's very effective at his job. Albeit a pretty boring job.

Grealish has to play for me, by far the most fearless and the most fun to watch. Ideally Foden as well. 

I'm not sure if Rashford really works, but I've had mixed feelings about him for ages. 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Rice is a bit underrated TBH, he's very effective at his job. Albeit a pretty boring job.

Grealish has to play for me, by far the most fearless and the most fun to watch. Ideally Foden as well. 

I'm not sure if Rashford really works, but I've had mixed feelings about him for ages. 

Agree on Rice. Of that ‘type’ of midfielder I think he’s our best by a long way. Think some of our fans hold against him the fact they were saying Sean Longstaff was better after just half a dozen games.

Henderson

Walker - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Rice - Mount

Sterling - Foden - Rashford

Kane

Quite like the idea of a back 4 comprised of one half City and one half Man U. Maguire is a disaster waiting to happen, but defence is going to be an issue whoever's in there so would rather we just went for some familiarity.

Rice and Mount to run around like fuck to cover for the wide forwards. Foden amazing in transition.

Would shape up more like a 4-2-4 in attack. 

Edited by Smal

Going against the grain here - but I think 5 at the back might win us a trophy- can’t see us beating a top team like France etc in any other system -

Pickford 

Trippier Walker Stones Maguire shaw

Rice 

Henderson Bellingham 

Foden/ grealish             

Kane     

is the way to go if we are serious about winning something 

Alternatively 

Pickford 

trippier maguire stones shaw 

rice Henderson 

sterling        Grealish.      Foden

Kane 

think it’s too weak defensively 

Can't see any compelling reason to go anywhere close to full strength tbh. It's a shame he couldn't pick an entirely different squad for this, separate to the Albania/Poland games. You could put half a dozen League 1 players in against San Marino and still put six past them.