England

Yorkie

Kier starmer has called for Nike to change it back. so rishi is going to have to out do him and demand a portrait of the queen is added to all future kits.

Whoooooooo remembers the shirt with the little flags on it from a few years that people didn’t lose their tiny minds over?

image.thumb.png.8fc243c64bcd3a4bd674070b832e3f80.png

IMG_3382.thumb.jpeg.0219fb2f1d2ea501ed3709606186ccc4.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Similar to the Bud light situation. I just don’t really see the point from a business perspective. The amount of right wing flag shaggers who won’t buy that shirt out spite. Will likely cost Nike millions.  

I'm no flag worshipper or anything, but I don't understand why any designer would change the colours of a national teams flag and try to promote it as something wonderful and revolutionary. Cant imagine there's too many national FAs that would even consider it. Could you see Germany allowing pink stripes between the red, black and gold to show their LGBT tolerance, or Scotland changing their blue to slate grey to reflect their normal weather, or Ireland just displaying a pint of Guinness?

Daft idea and is clearly change just for the sake of change

11 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Don't get the drama around him?

Harvey Elliott at Liverpool deserves a shout ahead of him.

Early days but he seems very good tbf.

Maybe that Elliott video mocking Kane's speech, if a remember correctly, from a few years back is playing against him now. Especially to integrate him so near to a major tournament, or Southgate just doesn't fancy him. 

4 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Early days but he seems very good tbf.

Maybe that Elliott video mocking Kane's speech, if a remember correctly, from a few years back is playing against him now. Especially to integrate him so near to a major tournament, or Southgate just doesn't fancy him. 

Everytime he plays for the u21s he's literally one of the best players. Southgate used to back the route through the England system? Mainoo thing seems hype to me. What was the mocking thing, I don't recall 🤔 

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Everytime he plays for the u21s he's literally one of the best players. Southgate used to back the route through the England system? Mainoo thing seems hype to me. What was the mocking thing, I don't recall 🤔 

Took the piss out of how he speaks implying he was disabled and called him a "fucking mong". 

50 minutes ago, dcmk said:

That price is something else.

Wow, £85 or £120 for the fancy one. That’s just ridiculous. 

I can see why so many talk about dhgate. £65 per kid for a top. Jeez. 

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Elliot's good but Mainoo looks special. The Wolves goal, some of the dribbling in the Liverpool game on the weekend. He looks the better player. 

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Mainoo looks good like. Seems like he's came on massively over the season and is playing as of right.

8 hours ago, gjohnson said:

I'm no flag worshipper or anything, but I don't understand why any designer would change the colours of a national teams flag and try to promote it as something wonderful and revolutionary. Cant imagine there's too many national FAs that would even consider it. Could you see Germany allowing pink stripes between the red, black and gold to show their LGBT tolerance, or Scotland changing their blue to slate grey to reflect their normal weather, or Ireland just displaying a pint of Guinness?

I’m not someone up in arms about it and I agree I think it’s a ridiculous decision, which genuinely makes very little sense. 

Will be interesting to see what Nike do as it’s likely already in production. 

8 hours ago, Disco said:

Whoooooooo remembers the shirt with the little flags on it from a few years that people didn’t lose their tiny minds over?

I remember thinking this was pretty shit but it wasn’t based around the colours it was that the shirt looked like it was covered in dots from afar.

This flag drama of the current shirt is just a daft pissing match for the gammons.

The away kit is the first one I've wanted in ages.

All owaaaa this jacket as well which I will wear defending the Cliffs of Dover from the "boats" with my two XL Bullies named Ronnie and Reggie

Screenshot_20240322_074721_Instagram.jpg

Yeah that jacket is pretty lush.

9 hours ago, gjohnson said:

I mean, that’s what a new shirt is almost by definition.

Were they actually promoting it as wonderful and revolutionary? Genuine question. I thought it was supposed to be “playful”.

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah that jacket is pretty lush.

I mean, that’s what a new shirt is almost by definition.

Were they actually promoting it as wonderful and revolutionary? Genuine question. I thought it was supposed to be “playful”.

A google found a snippet here: 

the FA have outlined that the altered colours act as a nod to the 'classic colour regime' of the training gear which was worn by England's 1966-World Cup winning squad. The Three Lions' triumph remains the men's only senior international honour.

Nike have echoed similar sentiments, describing the kit in a statement as a design which "disrupts history with a modern take on a classic. The trim on the cuffs takes its cues from the training gear worn by England’s 1966 heroes, with a gradient of blues and reds topped with purple.

"The same colours also feature an interpretation of the flag of St. George on the back of the collar."

Not sure how many nations would be happy with a different interpretation from a nations flag on a shirt that represents them in a country representing sport. 

9 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Genuine question, have you watched Mainoo play? He'll be a different level to Elliott but he's already a better player than him.

You can see why they’d change the flag seeing as it’s long been adopted by racists, but that’s a shit effort.  I’m not a big fan of the national team and all the plastic national pride that goes with a competition doomed to end in yet another failure.

I would rather Newcastle won the league cup than England win anything. 

10 hours ago, Disco said:

Which ironically I find much more offensive just because it looks like shite. 

The gear is looking absolutely banging though personally I don't love the texture, certainly as it appears on the home. Makes it look like a cricket jumper. 

Having recently deviated from DHGate to picking up cheap genuines off Vinted, you can tell the difference been fakes and the manufacture-made ones, and tbh I'd love to pick one of those aways up. 

But the prices are an utter, utter disgrace. For all they're better than the fakes, they're not £60/70 better. They're worth £40 at the absolute limit.

Absolute scandal. Winds me up no end.

Don’t care about the multi-coloured flag of St George, couldn’t give a shite about a redesigned badge (which isn’t as ancient as the usual twats may realise).

Price is a disgrace, and I don’t like England’s away colours being changed at any point.  Red tops, white shorts, red socks.  Them’s the rules. 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Genuine question, have you watched Mainoo play? He'll be a different level to Elliott but he's already a better player than him.

Yes, a few times, it's not Rashford or Greenwood levels of impact. I know you're a Man Utd fan so you're bound to disagree. I do like Elliott at Liverpool, and I think he should get a chance at some point, hopefully Mainoo is chosen during these friendlys or given minutes, and I can maybe see more, as many clearly think he's got something. 👍🏼

Edited by mighty__mag