England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

I wish this International week would just hurry up and finish. It's absolutely s****. It makes it even worse when the games we have stopped for is against Malta and Slovenia. Howwa man.

To me, the European section of qualifying has just been objectively boring during this break. A multitude of pointless mismatches and dull sides. Even the few competitive matches feel fairly inconsequential because of the bloated nature of the format.

I played for Sunderland when I was a kid, Henderson was in the age group below mine, him and his mate got moved up to play with our team though. The main attribute he had was his stamina and work rate, bit surprised now at how far he has gone.

I've gone full circle on Henderson like, I actually think he's criminally underrated these days.

Back where you've started?

He's the CM James Milner. Maximised potential through graft. Good enough at a lot of things and mentally smart enough and willing to adapt as necessary. Technically better than you expect but fundamentally not a "top" player. Great in the dressing room.

Liverpool & England captain says more about the options than it does about him as a player and a leader though.

Guest firetotheworks

I played for Sunderland when I was a kid, Henderson was in the age group below mine, him and his mate got moved up to play with our team though. The main attribute he had was his stamina and work rate, bit surprised now at how far he has gone.

I know this lad who played for Newcastle and they had exactly the same thing to say about Peter Ramage who was, in his words, easily the worst player in the team, but had a fantastic work ethic.

I know this lad who played for Newcastle and they had exactly the same thing to say about Peter Ramage who was, in his words, easily the worst player in the team, but had a fantastic work ethic.

Yeah, they look for work ethic, or physical presence and pace. It's one of the many factors that is wrong with the English game.

He's also a good example of how far players can go when given the opportunity. At the age of 22 he had amassed over 100 PL appearances. I don't think any other players of his generation could say the same (British). Not many have 50 or 75 at that age.

Jesse Lingard turns 24 this year, he's played 46 times for Man Utd.