England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37853386

England and Scotland could face a points deduction if they defy a Fifa ban on players wearing poppies when the teams meet on Armistice Day.

Football Association chief executive Martin Glenn said both FAs will defy the ban and accept any punishment.

Fifa general secretary Fatma Samba Diouf Samoura told BBC Sport "any kind of sanction" could follow.

World football's governing body prohibits political, religious or commercial messages on shirts.

UK Prime Minister Theresa May called the rule "outrageous".

This is just stupid, from both the FA and FIFA ffs :lol:

I hope we take the deduction. Our freedom gave us the ability to enjoy a simple game of football and enjoy the coming together of nations and cultures for such events. FIFA can get to fuck

Edit: If players don't wish to participate they shouldn't have to and nor should they be booed or jeered. We fought for democracy.

Instead of mascots I hope the players are forced on to the field at gunpoint by HERO soldiers (the posh ones not the charva ones) and instead of signing the anthem they're made to go to a hastily erected cashpoint and withdraw their wages to give these much more deserving men before being made to lick the shape of a poppy on to their jackboots as a sign of respect. Then and only then can we say the FA have done enough.

They should dig a trench either end of the pitch and pretend it's xmas by having trees for corner flags and fireplaces for goals and whichever team of smelly foreigners can shake hands and join in, with the crowd having no clue of the significance whatsoever.

Incredible that Townsend and Vardy are in that squad. I'd say the same about Rooney and Kane but they're less surprising.

Well Townsend was our best outfield player in the last game so Southgate wouldn't drop him

There's a lot of people who are vehemently anti-mackem, and I'm one of them.  Jordan Henderson is probably the most overrated footballer I can remember, how he is rated far higher than Shelvey is a mystery.  We need creativity in the England, Shelvey has it, does Henderson?  Not for me.  He's an athlete up and down the pitch, but so is Sissoko and he's s**** as well.