England

Yorkie

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161012/9d88ae26156107170405730907d70803.jpg

Seamen v Shef Utd

Edit better picture

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161012/a1cc6d10b4941d4adea6877f60f673f2.jpg

Seaman always got a good reception from our crowd when he came to St James' park with Arsenal and rightly so. I used to sit behind the goal in the leazes end and he always got a warm round of applause when he ran over to the goal before the game kicked off.

It's a shame Seaman is know by our generation and onwards primarily for the ludicrous ponytail and misjudgement against Brazil because he was an outstanding goalkeeper.

Don't think I've come across anyone who didn't think Seaman was anything other than a master of his art like.

Well I'm glad to hear that. Too many people I've spoken to, admittedly 30 or younger, are surprised when I talk about him being the last great English keeper. Tim Flowers would've made pretty much every England Xl since, too.

Nayim, from the half way line.. Nayim, from the half way line..

That's the first thing that comes to mind with Seaman, with that and Ronaldinho's free kick, he's been spectacularly lobbed at least twice.

Guest firetotheworks

Well I'm glad to hear that. Too many people I've spoken to, admittedly 30 or younger, are surprised when I talk about him being the last great English keeper. Tim Flowers would've made pretty much every England Xl since, too.

Flowers was mint like, I can't believe just how much we all took the England team around that time for granted, Darren Anderton was probably the only player that you could consider as a weak link in the team.

We always used to have good keepers. Seaman should really have got in before Woods did after Shilton retired and actually Sir Bobby should really have jettisoned Shilton after Euro 88. The likes of Phil Parkes, Joe Corrigan and even Paul Cooper would have got a bundle of caps today.

That moke Adrian Bevington was on Talksport this morning.  Going on about why Southgate should get the job, because of how good his press conferences are :lol:  Saying the one after the Slovenia game was the best press conference from an England manager in years.  Just waffling on about how we should back him and he should get the job going forward.  How he will have us playing more positive football and you can see the early signs of that already......  Utter drivel, basically. 

Also kept referring to players wanting him to stay.  Well, that sounds the same as some of NUFC's 'stars' under Pardew.  They know they will get an easy ride.  Henderson is at the front of the queue saying he should get the gig, I see  :rolleyes: 

If there are still those that share these ridiculous views at the FA, which seems highly likely.  Due to all of the media speculating on him getting the gig full time, should we beat Scotland.  Then no wonder we are in such a mess.  Gareth Southgate as manager is even less uninspiring than Fat Sam  :huff:

Seaman always got a good reception from our crowd when he came to St James' park with Arsenal and rightly so. I used to sit behind the goal in the leazes end and he always got a warm round of applause when he ran over to the goal before the game kicked off.

I remember him getting a fair bit of stick in the Leazes during the warmup when he played for Man City for his ponytail. He responded by flipping the bird. :lol:

We always used to have good keepers. Seaman should really have got in before Woods did after Shilton retired and actually Sir Bobby should really have jettisoned Shilton after Euro 88. The likes of Phil Parkes, Joe Corrigan and even Paul Cooper would have got a bundle of caps today.

Always used to like Nigel Martyn.