England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Guest neesy111

About as well as I've seen an England team play collectively. Tournament the real test of course.

Thought we played better in the 3-2 last year.

About as well as I've seen an England team play collectively. Tournament the real test of course.

That game we ended strong but I thought overall we played as good if not better for the full 90mins tonight. Of course Rooney will return and spoil it :lol:

That game we ended strong but I thought overall we played as good if not better for the full 90mins tonight. Of course Rooney will return and spoil it [emoji38]

Nice to see a bit of flexibility too :thup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39359850

The football associations of England and world champions Germany are to link up and share ideas about coaching, youth development and administration.

The Football Association and the German Football Association (DFB) are to meet annually for an initial two-year period.

They have signed a memorandum of understanding to start straight away.

"Both parties have a tremendous amount of expertise," said DFB president Reinhard Grindel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39359850

The football associations of England and world champions Germany are to link up and share ideas about coaching, youth development and administration.

The Football Association and the German Football Association (DFB) are to meet annually for an initial two-year period.

They have signed a memorandum of understanding to start straight away.

"Both parties have a tremendous amount of expertise," said DFB president Reinhard Grindel.

I have a feeling they will be very one-sided meetings.

When me and the lads went to Lille for the fanzone last summer we were disgusted by the England fans and actually got on with the Welsh a lot better.

All of the Northern English fans we spoke to seemed reasonable, handling their drink, not singing about sniffing gear and resorting to traditionally British songs, whereas (as a stereotype) the Southerners were by enlarge acting maybe too nationalistic and singing all the usual shite that we hear so often at England away games nowadays.

To the point that they were all pally pally with the Welsh until they scored and began celebrating, then as soon as they celebrated people started fights with them. Obviously as soon as the score changed they goaded them momentarily and then just ignored them, moving back onto songs of cocaine and cheering up Mr Strachan.

The problem you have is that most England away fans support the likes of fucking Kidderminster or Kettering and probably only because they were banned by their actual clubs for hooliganism and/or racism a long time ago. They all get together and all act the hard man and tell tales of years gone by.

That being said, to add some balance to that article, I obviously cannot verify whether what I am about to say is anywhere near the truth, and actually, I suspect it isn't, nonetheless the bloke who got on the train might have genuinely looked like Tony Yeboah. If it was someone that looked like Oliver Kahn and the same scenario was carried out would it even be mentioned, I think not. However, because our away fans are absolute fucking mongs I suspect they were just being racist / making racist stereotypes.

I'll be honest, I used to sing "Ten German Bombers" when I was younger, probably out of blind patriotism / nationalism and actually out of pride, that we fought (and died) for something which is so important. I stopped doing this after visiting war memorials as a teenager, for both allied and axis forces, and the reality is, a lot of people were fighting out of fear, especially young, impressionable soldiers.

( :milner: alert )

In recent years I visited Berlin. 2 friends and I were joined by 2 German lads on our bench in a Hofbrauhaus. One spoke no English and likewise we struggled with our limited Deutsch. Yet, the 2nd lad spoke very good and fluent English and got involved in our discussion. We got onto the football (we'd been at a Hertha Berlin game and bought scarves) and after, as so often is the case, we got onto the war. Bizarrely though it was the German lad that mentioned it and he began to call us the Tommy's. Likewise, we called them the Krauts and we shared a proud moment of unity over several more beers, before visiting a Currywurst shack and going our separate ways.

Another story I have from one of my battlefield tours was of a veteran from WW2, who had gone visiting somewhere in Germany as part of the commemorative services in recent years (I think it must have been the 50 year anniversary or something). The gentleman in question walked along the bank of the Rhine one night in full British Army attire, with medals on show and was incredibly worried as he approached 3 German teenagers playing football. As he approached he became increasingly worried and yet to his amazement the 3 lads stopped, picked their ball up, walked to the side of the path and stood to attention and saluted him. :love: :love: :love:

Most German's are probably overwhelmingly grateful for ousting the Nazi regime, despite their own losses.

Therefore, (back on track) what was being done last night is ultimately an embarrassment. Especially to not stand and respect the national anthem. Absolute tosspots.

All of the Northern English fans we spoke to seemed reasonable, handling their drink, not singing about sniffing gear and resorting to traditionally British songs, whereas (as a stereotype) the Southerners were by enlarge acting maybe too nationalistic and singing all the usual s**** that we hear so often at England away games nowadays.

Sorry to only pick out a small part of your good post Heron, but I just wanted to say how fucking grim it is that our (NUFC) 'fans' sing that shit.

All of the Northern English fans we spoke to seemed reasonable, handling their drink, not singing about sniffing gear and resorting to traditionally British songs, whereas (as a stereotype) the Southerners were by enlarge acting maybe too nationalistic and singing all the usual s**** that we hear so often at England away games nowadays.

Sorry to only pick out a small part of your good post Heron, but I just wanted to say how fucking grim it is that our (NUFC) 'fans' sing that shit.

I didn't mind when it was "Drink all your beer" and it was a socially acceptable song, that we sung because our team were fucking useless and we were just trying to have a good time. Now it's like some sort of tramp stamp of honour amongst our fucknuts.

Sorry to only pick out a small part of your good post Heron, but I just wanted to say how f***ing grim it is that our (NUFC) 'fans' sing that s***.

I didn't mind when it was "Drink all your beer" and it was a socially acceptable song, that we sung because our team were f***ing useless and we were just trying to have a good time. Now it's like some sort of tramp stamp of honour amongst our fucknuts.

:thup: