England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

What a shocker, Southgate bottles it again. Some of the decisions there are horrendous. Rose can't even get in the Spuds team at the moment, I watched Arnold closely in that Roma game, I like the kid but he was culpable for pretty much all of Roma's attacking intent, he's not ready. The CBs, ffs Cahill is done, Stones has hardly played this season and has done nothing to justify his price tag, I'm yet to be convinced about Maguire at all, Jones ahead of Smalling, I don't understand that one. You can not tell me that Jamaal is not as good if not better than that lot.

How Shelvey does not get in that squad when you look at the central midfield options eludes me.

Honestly will be stunned if we get out of the group stages with that lamp in charge.

Guest chopey

When Lingard and Stirling pull out injured before the start are we really going to call up Cook and Livermore

Basically relying on Dier & Henderson passing the ball about 20 yards to Lingard, Sterling or Rashford to run 50 yards with the ball to give to Kane.

We've been doing OK in the friendlies, tbf.

Goalkeepers OK, but there weren't many options. Fullbacks fine. Centre of defence awful. Midfield so mediocre, particularly in the middle, but like I say, it worked pretty well in the friendlies. Forwards OK.

We might do all right if Southgate gets us playing well as a team, as Vardy, Kane and Alli are capable of scoring goals from not much, and Sterling might be effective and have one of those games where he kicks the ball properly. It will only be a matter of time in any given game before somebody completely fucks us through the middle of our defence.

Feel like Lascelles and Shelvey simply didn't make it because their upturn in form didn't coincide with many England games, and thus it'd be kind of weird to unsettle the defensive/midfield line used during the qualifiers and such.

Think Lascelles will be a certainty in the squad after the WC, though.

Feel like Lascelles and Shelvey simply didn't make it because their upturn in form didn't coincide with many England games, and thus it'd be kind of weird to unsettle the defensive/midfield line used during the qualifiers and such.

Think Lascelles will be a certainty in the squad after the WC, though.

Probably close to the truth. Shelvey will get a call at some stage as well you would think, if he has another season like this.

To be fair to Southgate, I think he really prefered to take players who had been involved in the setup recently. His mistake was calling up Tarkawski rather than Lascelles last time. And he is rabidly attached to a dull functional midfield of Dier and Henderson. Should not be so but it has kinda shafted our pair.

I can almost predict the World Cup for us. 0-0 versus Tunisia, 1-0 versus Panama. 0-2 versus Belgium. Draw Spain or Germay or somone else world class in the r16 get beat 1-2. It's just so predictable.

I can almost predict the World Cup for us. 0-0 versus Tunisia, 1-0 versus Panama. 0-2 versus Belgium. Draw Spain or Germay or somone else world class in the r16 get beat 1-2. It's just so predictable.

Aye, going to be this :lol:

So here comes another world cup where the English media stir up a frenzy to sell their cheap tat and of course we all buy into because we're proud to be English. We'll get the usual stories of how Mr Smith from Bradford put his England flag up and Mr Singh told him it offended him, the stories of how Jordan Henderson is the English equivalent to Ronaldo and how England are without a doubt favourites to win this competition.

In two months time, Southgate will be hanging by a thread after the media have obliterated him and all of our players just won't be good enough at that level. We'll look towards the FA and grass roots football and have a whine for a few weeks then we'll continue to prevent kids from being able to play football for free by introducing unaffordable 3g pitches or housing estates with no ball games. Only to see obesity increase and footballing ability and desire decrease simultaneously.

We'll probably sell the home of football to the highest bidder to make way for NFL publicity and England will continue to play their home friendlies there instead of inspiring the nation by travelling around.

The next tournament will arrive and probably with a new manager, rinse and repeat. Not surprising that fans aren't really that arsed anymore when players are picked for just their names rather than what they'd bring. I for one want England to win the world cup but cannot say I'll give too much of a shit when we're inevitably knocked out in the quarters (at best).

So let's hope the fans aren't dickheads out there and actually the best thing about the world cup shines through. International unity for the love of the beautiful game and seeing some world class talents achieve great things.. The FA, UEFA and FIFA are a bit of a joke.

Rant over

Aye, going to be this :lol:

Well that's simply not possible since there's no draw in a World Cup and never has been. We already know who our possible last 16 opponents are (Poland, Colombia, Japan or Senegal).