England

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

It's the world cup. What possible pride can you get from it by purposefully trying to avoid any team you're concerned could beat you :lol:

Got to try to win the group and go for it in every game.

:thup:

Aye, sadly that’s the modern game these days and fans are seemingly OK with that.

I can’t imagine Brazil or Spain being particularly bothered who they face next...

Why do we think we should beat Belgium exactly?

Surely Japan is preferable to Colombia?

Not what I mean.  I've seen a lot of talk like we should just throw the game, as if we're that damn good.  We're not.  Don't get me wrong, we might well be coming into a new phase of development and getting better, but a 6-1 defeat of Panama should not be prompting wild assumptions of class. 

You know Belgium have put a second string out and their manager has said the priority is not to win?

Well, no, I don't, but that's not really what I'm talking about.  I'm not after some heavy discussion either, just find this attitude that we're even in the position to choose whether we win or lose quite fanciful.  :lol: :dontknow:

Well it's not fanciful if the other team is trying to chuck the game. :lol: It's a question of do we let them or do we try and do the same.

I think it's fairly moot now that Colombia are next for the second place, it's become much more tricky.

Aye, fair enough, I didn't know the state of the intentions of both sides. :lol:

But there you go (goal just scored), in essence, they're better than us.

Guest neesy111

It's the world cup. What possible pride can you get from it by purposefully trying to avoid any team you're concerned could beat you :lol:

Aye, sadly that’s the modern game these days and fans are seemingly OK with that.

I can’t imagine Brazil or Spain being particularly bothered who they face next...

Too many idiots playing FM and Fifa.

Guest Howaythetoon

Too many idiots playing FM and Fifa.

It’s the WC, try to win every game and if you do you are champions. I would not be happy if I was Kane and I do hope this doesn’t come back to bite us in the arse.

This is a new and young team, play your strongest team to keep momentum, to increase team understanding and to top the group and show everyone else you arent afraid and fancy anyone. It’s the WC man, ducking go for it what do we have to lose? The WC? We haven’t won it since 66 it’s not like we are trying to retain the thing :lol:

What is it with these double-barrelled footballers these days?  Posh cunts.

Split families init. Poor bastards.

I wondered that, my ex had that going on.  Was pure pathetic.  Pick a parent, divide and rule ftw.