England

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

It's the world cup. What possible pride can you get from it by purposefully trying to avoid any team you're concerned could beat you :lol:

Got to try to win the group and go for it in every game.

:thup:

Aye, sadly that’s the modern game these days and fans are seemingly OK with that.

I can’t imagine Brazil or Spain being particularly bothered who they face next...

Too many idiots playing FM and Fifa.

It’s the WC, try to win every game and if you do you are champions. I would not be happy if I was Kane and I do hope this doesn’t come back to bite us in the arse.

This is a new and young team, play your strongest team to keep momentum, to increase team understanding and to top the group and show everyone else you arent afraid and fancy anyone. It’s the WC man, ducking go for it what do we have to lose? The WC? We haven’t won it since 66 it’s not like we are trying to retain the thing :lol:

Also imagine if you're a player at a world cup and you are told to not win.  I'd personally tell the manger to fuck off.

It's the world cup. What possible pride can you get from it by purposefully trying to avoid any team you're concerned could beat you :lol:

Aye, sadly that’s the modern game these days and fans are seemingly OK with that.

I can’t imagine Brazil or Spain being particularly bothered who they face next...

It’s the WC, try to win every game and if you do you are champions. I would not be happy if I was Kane and I do hope this doesn’t come back to bite us in the arse.

This is a new and young team, play your strongest team to keep momentum, to increase team understanding and to top the group and show everyone else you arent afraid and fancy anyone. It’s the WC man, ducking go for it what do we have to lose? The WC? We haven’t won it since 66 it’s not like we are trying to retain the thing :lol:

You should be going for the win as its effects on confidence can be immeasurable (see winning the last game resoundingly, for example).  Alas, we would rather beat Panama and assume we're going to win the WC, than beat a good team and perhaps be a bit more serious about it. :lol:

I don't want to moan too much, was quietly impressed with the approach up until now.  I would have loved it had we taken this seriously, regardless of Belgium's intent, and gone for it.  I mean, if Belgium were willing to throw the game that much, we could have skelped them, opportunity missed.  I accept the need to rest some players mind.

It's the world cup. What possible pride can you get from it by purposefully trying to avoid any team you're concerned could beat you [emoji38]

This is a new and young team, play your strongest team to keep momentum, to increase team understanding and to top the group and show everyone else you arent afraid and fancy anyone. It’s the WC man, ducking go for it what do we have to lose? The WC? We haven’t won it since 66 it’s not like we are trying to retain the thing [emoji38]

Also imagine if you're a player at a world cup and you are told to not win.  I'd personally tell the manger to fuck off.

Don't doubt this at all [emoji38]

Guest Howaythetoon

Why is it good to play Columbia rather than Japan? Is it because of who we'd play if we got past the next round?

Everyone thought we would play Japan so it was good, but now that its Columbia people are focusing on who we will play in the quarters instead.

It’s all about the Final for me though, if we beat Columbia, and hope the shitter team beats whoever they play in their knock out game and we then beat them in the quarters that the team we face in the semis is shitter than the team they beat. The final, who cares who we play, we will win, this is England.