England

Yorkie

It's the world cup. What possible pride can you get from it by purposefully trying to avoid any team you're concerned could beat you :lol:

Got to try to win the group and go for it in every game.

Why do we think we should beat Belgium exactly?

Surely Japan is preferable to Colombia?

Not what I mean.  I've seen a lot of talk like we should just throw the game, as if we're that damn good.  We're not.  Don't get me wrong, we might well be coming into a new phase of development and getting better, but a 6-1 defeat of Panama should not be prompting wild assumptions of class. 

Belgium are ranked higher, and have some better stars.  Although, I've not really followed football enough to know that precisely, but I know England, the temperment never changes. 

I'd like us to go back to that underdog attitude we started the tournament with.

Not what I mean.  I've seen a lot of talk like we should just throw the game, as if we're that damn good.  We're not.  Don't get me wrong, we might well be coming into a new phase of development and getting better, but a 6-1 defeat of Panama should not be prompting wild assumptions of class. 

You know Belgium have put a second string out and their manager has said the priority is not to win?

Guest neesy111

Belgium are ranked higher, and have some better stars.  Although, I've not really followed football enough to know that precisely, but I know England, the temperment never changes.

Spot on.

You know Belgium have put a second string out and their manager has said the priority is not to win?

And Southgate said the opposite and made 5 changes.

Well, no, I don't, but that's not really what I'm talking about.  I'm not after some heavy discussion either, just find this attitude that we're even in the position to choose whether we win or lose quite fanciful.  :lol: :dontknow:

Well, no, I don't, but that's not really what I'm talking about.  I'm not after some heavy discussion either, just find this attitude that we're even in the position to choose whether we win or lose quite fanciful.  :lol: :dontknow:

Well it's not fanciful if the other team is trying to chuck the game. :lol: It's a question of do we let them or do we try and do the same.

I think it's fairly moot now that Colombia are next for the second place, it's become much more tricky.

Think both teams on the pitch are going for the win tbh and the yellow card narrative is just seeing things where they aren't. The booking's were because each player was sold right before they made the tackle, they weren't blatant pointless fouls.

Fellaini tried for an even more blatant yellow just before the first. Didn't get it mainly because I've got money on him.

But his yellow wasn't blatant. Loftus cheek sold him with a bit of skill, it was a fair yellow.