England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

28 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

Was it not all a little bit pantomime and half expected… 

To be honest it didn’t come across on TV… ant least I didn’t notice it.. and did it happen every time he touched the ball?

It happened the two or three times the names were read out before kick off, and then the first couple of times he touched the ball, but seemed to die off after he made the early mistake and subsequent England's number 1 chant.

There was one whopper behind me continuing well into the second half, but nobody elsewhere I was.

38 minutes ago, Palace fan said:

Nah

Much of the point with Wharton is that a huge percentage of his passes are one touch and go forwards into attacking areas and he finds people 90% of the time. The speed and awareness of his passes make him simply different class. I'll grant you he makes it look simple and plenty of PL clubs passed on him for different reasons (pace, physique etc). 

Southgate made an interesting point about him that he had really impressed the England squad and they began moving into areas to collect his passes - that's exactly what happened at Palace too with Eze and Olise responding to him and getting into great areas as they knew Wharton would find them. A good 40% of all those goals we scored at the end of last season came from him creating something. He's said himself that as a former 10 he really enjoys putting people away as he knows how hard it is to make opportunities up top. 

Still early days and things could go wrong if his next move is the wrong one but confident that he'll end up at one of those truly elite CL clubs if he maintains this level - not talking about the PL 6 here. 

Yeah he looked really good when he played us.

Speed kills, as they say, but speed of thought and action is often most important - passing quickly with just the right weight and accuracy gets you that extra second or so that's worth 5-10 yards of space and is so hard to defend against.

Think our squad really needs another top tier passer.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

So all that abuse he gets when he plays for Everton is clearly fake and staged. If you can turn them feelings on or off just because of the shirt he is wearing.

You're there to support England and England players. If you can't do that, then you should stay at home. 

The biggest criticism of the so called 'golden generation' gets is that they couldn't leave club loyalties at the door. They were complete failures at international level, in part due to that. Yet we have morons booing England players in the first time they've played up here in 29 years. 

The pantomime shite doesn't wash either. You're not at the fuckin theatre royal. Not booing your own players isn't a hard concept to grasp. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

You're there to support England and England players. If you can't do that, then you should stay at home. 

I did

I don't give a shiny shite about England football. Sitting with clubs fans who give our fans a load of shite year in year out. Not for me

Add in supporting players who are abused to fuck at our ground.

Just can't switch that emotion on and off meself like

Love going to watch England cricket and have watched England Rugby though

I was in the Gallowgate, Pickford got very little stick and nothing around me at all.

The only parochial stuff I saw were a few too many NUFC shirts and then a group of Smoggies singing anti NUFC 

/ Shearer song to a middle aged bloke in the bogs wearing a Red England shirt on with Shearer’s name on it. Top bants lads, up there with wiping your arse on a SAFC England flag.

3 hours ago, Paullow said:

It happened the two or three times the names were read out before kick off, and then the first couple of times he touched the ball, but seemed to die off after he made the early mistake and subsequent England's number 1 chant.

There was one whopper behind me continuing well into the second half, but nobody elsewhere I was.

So basically nothing for anyone to get wound up about then…

Think anyone is a bit naive if they didn’t think he’d get a few jeers at first…  and I don’t think I’ve ever been to a match in 40 years when at least one bellend is behaving like a knacker…

so all a bit of a non story I reckon…

Not sure he warrants a place on current form or given the alternatives to play as a creative type. Big season for him next season. 

World Cup of Darts is on end of June, he can watch that and practice his shit goal celebration from the comfort of his sofa.

6 hours ago, Disco said:

“Madders” cut according to Horny Orny.

Leaked, probably from the player side. Nothing on the other 6.

He was consistently average since he returned from injury back end of the season. Probably didn't even warrant a place in the increased preliminary squad.

We’ve so many great players that could play in that 10 position. He’s amazing when on form but the lack of versatility has cost him a place here.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

We’ve so many great players that could play in that 10 position. He’s amazing when on form but the lack of versatility has cost him a place here.

Or he’s starting to be found out as he rises up the levels. Would have been interesting to see how he fared in the shark tank of the CL, something like our group from this season.

Saw a picture of Palmer celebrating after his goal the other day.

I no longer support England.

2 minutes ago, Cf said:

Saw a picture of Palmer celebrating after his goal the other day.

I no longer support England.

His celebration is good when he's done something pressurised or really good, but for most goals it just makes him look a prick.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

His celebration is good when he's done something pressurised or really good, but for most goals it just makes him look a prick.

There's something about it that just makes me want to kill myself.