The 2015/16 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Belgium 2-0 3-0 3-1

Wales 2-0 3-0 4-0

Italy 2-0 3-0 4-0

27x 50p Trebles

Italy conceding has cost me a fair bit. Belgium 3-1 was the longest odds out the three scores, Wales 2-0 was the best odds as well. This is going to be my bet from now on as it does give the chance of winning big for small stakes.

Old Mauritian bloke at work used to do this bet all the time, 10p instead of 50p like as he was a tight git. Died last year five months after retiring poor bugger. Was a hell of a bloke.

Guest Roger Kint

Just looked at the racing results, the ew Lucky 15 i forgot to put on yesterday morning threw up Dinkum Diamond(9/1) Demora(10/1) and Trafalgar Rock(4/1 in the morning) as winners. Thank god the 4th lost or i would be raging :anguish:

Trying Figures short-odds/high-volume game. Up to 54 off 10 so far. Not bad but Wales made me sweat.

I was going to continue with the challenge until I was talking about this with a friend. I seem to be able to turn £10 into £50-£75 within a single day fairly easily.

If I started every day with £10 and then withdrew it when I got to £75, I'd make a profit of £65 a day - a tidy £1,820 (tax-free) extra income a month.

Obviously, you lose some every now again but you're only going to lose £10. You only need to win on 4 days within a 30 day month to break even, any above this is profit.

So that is what I have decided to do and keep a track across a full month, to see how profitable it actually is.

Figures needs to create his own thread with all of his bets on for me to copy like :lol:

Yeah, if you're okay with it Figures - would be good to see if you can break the forum jinx, or if the forum jinx breaks you, on these.

It's fine with me - I'll either start it up today or tomorrow (depending on work commitments).

I'll try to place bets with enough time for you guys to follow suit.

No promises mind, but as I said it's fairly low risk - track it over the course of 30 days to see if it is profitable.

It's just all about picking the 'sure things' that turn out to be sure things and avoiding the shocks :lol: seems simple in practice but we all know it's not!

:thup:

Be interesting like.

Anyway what are people's betting strategies? Seeing Andy's 27-fold correct score lines and Figures' 10 to 50 quid a day method I'm curious.

I usually go for a couple of over 2.5 bets (at around 4/5) with an 'outside bet' that looks overpriced, usually get about 15-30/1 depending on the odds of the outside bet. I usually get a good return from it but this season has been vile.

:lol: All of you know how to bet properly and don't need to copy anyone. You know your football, and instead of going for four, five, six team plus accys you should be raising your initial stake and going for singles or doubles instead.

Everyone likes to go for the big win though, including myself. This is where the bookies win.

:lol: All of you know how to bet properly and don't need to copy anyone. You know your football, and instead of going for four, five, six team plus accys you should be raising your initial stake and going for singles or doubles instead.

Everyone likes to go for the big win though, including myself. This is where the bookies win.

It makes no odds if you do or don't, I'm not really seeing the problem here like :lol:

I like jumping on forum bets, when I pick my own I get too into it and end up going for the big win, like you say. Some win, some lose, so fuck.

It's not the concept that posters will struggle to think of/follow, it's finding the volume of short-odd bets every day IMO.

:lol: Look at the bets they put for these challenges man. They're the most obscure games possible. It's luck when it comes through because nobody has a notion about any of the teams. It's basically faith in the bookies odds. :lol:

Now if you suggested doing the challenge based on European football then I could see the appeal. An example being Man City to beat Newcastle, or Man City to score two or more against Newcastle. I'd be all over that.

I like reading about different people's betting strategies, find it very interesting. I like to have a bet pretty much every day but when I was trying to win accumulators for years, I was just throwing money away. I was putting a tenner in on a Saturday morning then by teatime, I was putting another one in for the evening fixtures then again on Sunday morning. If I won sixty quid, I'd withdraw fifty then just start losing over again.

Now I keep it simple - typically try and put together doubles and trebles at around 3 and 4/1. Usually stake around £3 at those odds, and on a Saturday afternoon for example, I'll put about six or seven on. I only need two of them to win to break even and I'm typically turning a consistent profit. Singles with a larger stake occasionally but usually if I really like a single, I'll just bump it up to my usual odds using particular teams to score that I'm very confident on. Nearly always bet on team goals, match goals and BTTS, rarely on WDW. Concentrate on leagues that I follow closely, and teams that I know are reliable for goals, for and against.

I have no discipline so this works for me. If I put a £10/£20 bet on and it loses, I can't help myself going searching for evens shots to try and win it back, which rarely works. This way I can put plenty of bets on but minimise my losses and it's easy to make gains quite quickly. Rarely withdraw now because I like having a sizable pot to use freely without depositing, just keep building the bank up and withdraw if I want the money for something. I also sometimes withdraw a chunk if I hit a bad run, to remove the temptation to chase my losses.

It's basically faith in the bookies odds. :lol:

My mate does all his betting based on the bookies' odds and it does my head in, he can't understand why he keeps losing. The point of betting is to look for glitches in the prices, not to do the opposite and trust the ones they give you. He doesn't do even basic research, he'll just put some Czech team to win because they're 1/5 without noticing that the opposition might be bottom but have won their last three games, scoring two in each, and are 10/11 just to score. Every other week he seems to text me that Roma have cost him cash by not winning, whilst I've won nearly every week on Roma conceding at better prices because they're not particularly good and are consistently overpriced.

If you've got the time, there's great prices to be found by doing a decent amount of research and not looking solely at the usual leagues/teams.